Dublin

1,308 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mosesrab90
BusAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to Dublin in a few weeks and I'll have a chance to play at least one round of golf. Any recommendations? Not a pro by any means, I just enjoy the game.
Aggie369
AG
Portmarnock
GDP
Portmarnock Golf Club is a great test and is the "famous" one.
Portmarnock Golf Links is o.k.
Confusing names. Pick Club not Links on this one.

The Island Golf Club is awesome and fun to play as well.
Royal Dublin is also pretty good.

Most of these clubs allow guest play at certain times with the proper booking ahead of time.

Enjoy !

booradley
AG
Hire a driver or rent a car and make the short trip from Dublin to royal county down. Top 10 in the world. Awesome course and worth the trip.

Unfortunately for you, the great Irish courses are not close to Dublin.

Duckhook
AG
I played both Portmarnock and The Island last year. Portmarnock is my first recommendation, but I would play The Island again as well. I didn't have any problem booking weekday times. Reserve caddies ahead of time. I think they're well worth it, and makes it a fun experience since we really don't get to do it much here. Here's a pic of our caddies (at Portmarnock) standing on a dune to give us a line to hit.

Aggie369
AG
Played royal county down a few weeks ago....its incredible and currently ranked #1 in the world....worth whatever drive it is. Although tee times will be hard to get now I'm sure. If ur driving there u can play Ardglass as well it's like 30 minutes from RCD and pretty cheap.

You could also drive to Portstewart and Royal Portrush. They are about 10 minutes apart and probably 3-4 hours from Dublin. RPR will host the British open next year.

Royal County Down is prettier but Royal Portrush was more difficult in my opinion
_lefraud_
AG
Ben Hogan was born in Dublin...TX.
mosesrab90
AG
Portmarnock hands down. K Club was a great inland track.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.