Regular Group in DFW

2,411 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by khaos288
flogmat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for a semi regular group to play with in the DFW area. Not necessarily every Saturday, but more like every other Saturday. I was a member at Stobebridge for years and had a group there, but I recently dropped the membership and along with that I lost my normal group.

I'm 36 and play to about a 1 or 2. I played college golf and still try to play as much as I can. Don't need a group of really great players, just need a handful of folks I can count on to play. Anybody got an existing group or wanna start one?
khaos288
AG
We have a group that plays a ton. Shoot me an email, and we'll get you on the invite list. username @gmail

Moving to Westridge next month, so I'll be playing there a lot, but we generally play all over.
jj9000
AG
Shoot khaos an email. Just finshed 18 with him.

I usually have a spot or two open up on the early weekend mornings...depending on who bails for kid duty...hung over...etc.

But...my group is typically one of the 1st 3 groups off the box on Sat/Sun. 6:30-7:00 tee times...done by 10-10:30.
flogmat
AG
Perfect. I'll send the email now. This morning was a great example. I looked far and wide to find a friend to play with and it fell apart at 7:30 this morning. Appreciate the responses.
flogmat
AG
khaos288 said:

Moving to Westridge next month, so I'll be playing there a lot, but we generally play all over.

I live at 380 and Coit. 2 minutes from Westridge. Only played a couple times, but enjoyed it. There's just so much play on that course that it's tough to keep the greens up. But, the layout is cool.
khaos288
AG
I've actually never played it haha. We jut happened to be buying in that neighborhood, and the fact they have an "all you can golf m-f for 175$ a month" was just a plus.

If you can forgive an occasional f-bomb after 3 putt, or double bogie, we're good people!
flogmat
AG
Dude I think the f-bomb is regulation on the golf course. Almost expected. Along with regular visits by the beer girl.
cadetjay02
AG
I like Westridge, it didn't used to be that busy 10 years ago but too many of you jackwagons have moved up here. I like to take a little trip north to Gunter and play The Bridges, is nice and it's usually pretty empty.
flogmat
AG
Love Bridges. That's actually usually where I end up. Great track.
BreNayPop
AG
Tacoma10 loves the bridges too... next time i make it up there he tells me i need to play it. He is another golf addict but also a golf snob, so it must be good

Although the knock is how far north it is. Helps we have an uncle in gunter who offers food/beer after rounds.
Van Buren Boy
AG
Anyone playing this week?
bcanales05
AG
I'm in Wylie and usually available on the weekends. I'm between Woodbridge and Waterview.

I'm c/o '05 not a great golfer but can hold my own. I'm a mid 80's golfer. I'm interested if you have another opening.
Maximus Johnson
AG
I would like to play with y'all. Doing an internship in Dallas for 8 months and am tired of playing alone. I'm a mid 90's golfer but can keep pace with anyone.
khaos288
AG
Shoot me an email at username@ Gmail and I'll put you on the list
cadetjay02
AG
Random update, I have played the bridges half a dozen times and 18 there always turns out ugly until today. Smoked a big drive over the lake and right of the tree. Had 194 left and put a 6 iron to about 8 feet. Obviously missed the downhill eagle putt but I'll take a bird on the hole any day of the week.
The punched the greens Monday, otherwise it's in decent shape given the lack of rain.
khaos288
AG
You went driver to the penninsula with the tree on it?? What was the carry from the tee box?
TheGreatScott12
AG
Not to derail the main point of this thread, but have any of y'all played Pecan Hollow lately? I played there Saturday and loved the track for the price. Greens were great. Wish I could get a regular game out there.
cadetjay02
AG
I wasn't playing the tips, but after doing some measuring on Google Earth Pro, it looks like the carry was 260-265 on the line I took. Naturally I hit a strong draw, so that hole has always given me trouble.
khaos288
AG
Still really impressive. That's a big carry and that hole is very difficult
Always_Right
AG
Going to be in DFW for 2 weeks for work, any good golf courses close to the airport for about $40 green/cart?
khaos288
AG
Indian creek-creeks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.