US Senior Open - The Broadmoor - Next Week

792 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 1208HawkTree
BESCo91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gonna mainly follow Daly and Couples.
Jeff Maggert (Ag, and 2015 Senior Open Champ) also playing.
Just an Ag
AG
http://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/championships/2018/u-s--senior-open/galleries/course-overview.html#expanded

Course photos.
BESCo91
AG
It's a beautiful place.
I live here in Colorado Springs ..... get to play the East Course twice a year.
It will interesting to see how they set the course up.
Pignorant
AG
Played the west course last August.

Hands down the fastest greens I've ever putted on. Courses are beautiful.
BESCo91
AG
Excellent!

They had the East, the West, and the Mountain.

They shut down the Mountain Course several years ago because it was sliding down the escarpment of Cheyenne Mountain ..... was just too costly to maintain.
Diego
AG
I made an albatross on #17 (par 5) at the Broadmoor's East Course. Hit driver 275 down right side of fairway, then hit 3-wood into hole from 251 yards. Far and away my best golf moment.
1208HawkTree
AG
Weren't there also a bunch of lawsuits filed by homeowners in the area that had damage from the landslides? Was the golf course part of that also? I thought I read that a major water line broke, which is what triggered the landslide.

I've only been there once, and the Mountain Course was still closed, but the renovation was just about finished. I did get to play the East Course, and loved it, but the Mountain Course looked amazing as well. I've been itching to get back ever since.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.