Lostgolfballs

3,949 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aggieangler93
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone ever bought balls from them before? I love project a balls but hate paying $30 a dozen.

Curious how quality is ordering from them. Their prices ain't bad
Forum Troll
AG
You won't be able to tell difference in performance just appearance especially at 5a and 4a. Never pay full price for premium balls. I bought 4 dozen prov1s forb65 dollars a few months back from them. If you live in southwest Houston you can go to their warehouse and purchase/pick our your own balls on site.
AgPrognosticator
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Has anyone ever bought balls from them before? I love project a balls but hate paying $30 a dozen.

Curious how quality is ordering from them. Their prices ain't bad

I have ordered 5A prov's online from them for 8+ years. It's the only way to buy premium balls imo.

I would not recommend buying the refinished. Tests have shown those balls do not fly as reliably as 'factory' golf balls.

The 5A balls are basically ones where guys bombed a brand new ball OB. There's literally nothing wrong with it and the tests show that these balls fly identical to factory golf balls.
khaos288
AG
They're a +
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I like my bucket of Z-Stars. Will order again and again.
jonj101
This is the only place I buy from. As mentioned earlier I go to their warehouse and pick up if I'm in the area.

They no longer let you individually pick them out of crates like they used to, but the quality an pricing is still amazing.
AustinCountyAg
Where is the warehouse?

Is pricing the same there vs ordering online? (Excluding shipping obviously)
5C
AG
Just bought 96 project a's for 115 bucks... (free shipping over 100.00)

That's 1.10 a ball. Solid.
jonj101
https://www.google.com/maps/place/LostGolfBalls/@29.6341105,-95.60268,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xf001fd163ba941bd!8m2!3d29.6341105!4d-95.60268

If you use the little google man for street view, you'll see the warehouse at the very end of the row in the business park. The sign says "PGS" for Professional Golfball Services or something like that.
XpressAg09
AG
Would recommend.
C ROC N
I can get Project A $25 a dozen, TP5x $31.00 a dozen, but I am a member of a golf distributor.
NColoradoAG
Has anyone ordered these "practice" labeled balls from lostgolfballs?

https://www.lostgolfballs.com/golf-balls/brands/pro-v1/titleist-pro-v1x-2018-pga-tour-players-practice-bucket.html

Ive had decent results the last few years buying from these guys, but sometimes I feel like I have a real dud. These were all Bridgestone Tour BX balls. Im thinking about switching balls and have been hitting the Pro V1x, ZStar XV and Snell MTB-X.

The ProV is leading the way for me now. Wondering if these "practice" balls may just be scooped up from the range and practice areas each week and have never seen a lake.
Yesterday
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Has anyone ordered these "practice" labeled balls from lostgolfballs?

https://www.lostgolfballs.com/golf-balls/brands/pro-v1/titleist-pro-v1x-2018-pga-tour-players-practice-bucket.html

Ive had decent results the last few years buying from these guys, but sometimes I feel like I have a real dud. These were all Bridgestone Tour BX balls. Im thinking about switching balls and have been hitting the Pro V1x, ZStar XV and Snell MTB-X.

The ProV is leading the way for me now. Wondering if these "practice" balls may just be scooped up from the range and practice areas each week and have never seen a lake.

Bought a bunch of Pro V1 Practice from them. Only issue is they advertised them as Mint. They were not. Emailed customer service to let them know and they tried to claim that they did not advertise them as Mint. Showed them a screenshot and they let me send the bad ones back for a refund.

So, beware there will be some 3* balls in there with cuts etc.

Edit- just noticed they still have "mint" by them in the check out. Just make sure you check when you get them.
NColoradoAG
So some cut balls, but none that look yellow/waterlogged?

Will an alignment line on the ball cover up the "practice" logo?
Yesterday
AG
NColoradoAG said:

So some cut balls, but none that look yellow/waterlogged?

Will an alignment line on the ball cover up the "practice" logo?

No yellow. Not sure how you tell water logged but I don't think so. Maybe a big fat alignment line would do it. They'll refund you money on any ball not in their 5A mint category.
jock1020
AG
Where would a company like this get their supply of golf balls from?
Yesterday
AG
jock1020 said:

Where would a company like this get their supply of golf balls from?

Bottoms of ponds and lakes. Their mint section is isually miss prints or range balls for pros.
jock1020
AG
So is the consensus that you will be be disappointed with these balls on the course?
Yesterday
AG
jock1020 said:

So is the consensus that you will be be disappointed with these balls on the course?

I've never been. I've played them for years. Also okay new balls. I tend to play new balls in money games and tournaments but I play casual and practice rounds with the used balls.
inozips
AG
jock they buy from folks like me. Am sure they buy from courses around the state & maybe the nation.
E
AG
I buy all my balls from lostgolfballs.com getting Mint or Near Mint and have been very happy with what I've been sent. No scuff marks and very little yellowing (if any). Mint look brand new with no wear and near mint look like someone played maybe half a round and lost it in the woods without hitting anything hard.
NColoradoAG
jock1020 said:

I'm getting down to the last dozen or so of a 96 count bucket of 4A Bridgestone Tour B330x's I bought early in 2017. Ive probably played 60-75 nines/rounds since I bought them so I guess that's a decent loss rate. I probably should have bought Mint rating. Overall I have been very satisfied. There's been maybe 10-12 in the bucket that just didn't feel right to the touch and then off the club. Im guessing those may have been ones that sat in a lake for weeks before getting harvested somewhere and sent to Houston.

It seems the verdict is out on waterlogged balls, but color me skeptical about a ball that's been in a lake for a few weeks performing the same as anything else.

Unless the Snell MTB-X takes over for me personally, I'd like to keep ordering from Lostgolfballs. The "practice" Pro V's seem like they'd be fairly good value based on the description they give of how they're used and obtained.
mm98
AG
I buy mostly E6s from them. Very happy. Good quality.

It's Aggie owned...I believed David Jones is his name, but can't recall for sure.

I think they also supply a lot of the reload golf balls to Academy so you're just paying extra markup if you buy practice balls retail.
khaos288
AG
Lost golf balls has been my go to for years. I've never had the experience of mint level balls being anything but.
AledoAg86
AG
I ordered two large buckets of mint Pro V1 Practice balls last Thursday. I went over each golf ball last night as they arrived pretty quick (within 4 business days).

Some balls had minor scuffs - probably from the range picker so I tossed those in my Titleist shag bag. Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with my purchase (192 balls).
Charlie Moran
AG
Owner is an Aggie. Seems to be a good deal in my limited experience
Aggieangler93
AG
If you are in Northwest Austin, GolfBallMonkey.com is local. They will also let you purchase from their home-based business location.

I have another hookup in the Cedar Park area off CL, that is a fella who lives in Lago and picks balls with proceeds going to charity. He is a great guy with a good selection also. PM me for details.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.