The Masters ticket app is open

14,284 Views | 153 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Famous Shoes
schwabbin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good luck
https://tickets.masters.com/en_US/index.html
dodger02
AG
Already received my rejection notice...
TP Ag '87
AG
How is that, per the web-site:

The random selection for Practice Rounds and Daily Tournament tickets will take place after the June 1, 2018 application deadline and all applicants will be notified in early July when the process is complete.
Mr.Bond
AG
dodger02 said:

Already received my rejection notice...

Must be joking....... Unless your wife already said no. Then if that's the case I know a good divorce attorney
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

dodger02
AG
Dude. It's a joke. TexAgs much?
TP Ag '87
AG
Ah. TexAgs Master humor.

Sarcasm detector obviously set to low this a.m.
La Fours
AG
Thanks for posting the link. Fingers crossed.
DargelSkout
AG
Have any of you actually won before? I've been trying for years with no luck.
Mr.Bond
AG
I've lost over 10 years. ElCheAg won this past year
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

jonj101
A few of us have - I and some others got practice round tickets for 2017. Others on here got tickets for this past year. It truly appears to be a random thing.

I just always max out my request. You could also get your friends and family to enter the lottery.
DannyDuberstein
AG
DargelSkout said:

Have any of you actually won before? I've been trying for years with no luck.

Lost for years, probably 6-7. Then starting 2 years ago, backed my practice round request from the max of 4 down to 2 and got Monday tickets both years.

Coincidence? Maybe. Something in the selection process/algorithm where your chances are better if you only ask for 2? Maybe.
Mr.Bond
AG
I've always wondered if the number you ask for means anything. Could I win 2 if I only asked for 4?

DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't think so. 99% sure you either get your ask or not.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Here's to tying again.
GCP12
AG
First time trying. Thanks for the link, OP
The Milkman
AG
I've always heard your chances of winning go up if you've been selected before.

After years of no selections, my friend has now been chosen in the lottery for the last 3 years
Bunk Moreland
New strategy this year.

Requested 4 Monday, 3 Tuesday, 2 Wednesday, and 2 for every round.

Hoping instead of going max every day I get lucky.

Probably pointless but **** I've gotta change it up after 10 years of strikeouts
mike_ags_fan12
First time last year and snagged 2 wed tickets.
Mr.Bond
AG
The Milkman said:

I've always heard your chances of winning go up if you've been selected before.

After years of no selections, my friend has now been chosen in the lottery for the last 3 years

But it's supposedly a random lottery?

DannyDuberstein
AG
This is the Masters we're talking about. There are different approaches that can still be considered "random", and the only thing for certain is that none of us will ever know how exactly they do it.
JYDog90
AG
I just had a minor victory with the Masters' ticket people that I am choosing to believe portends great things when the emails come out in July.

I moved since I applied for tickets last year and the guy that I bought the house from had also applied for tickets in the past so they wouldn't let me apply because my address was already in the system.

I called them up and they cleared it right up and said, "Mr Wonka, you are free to apply. It's all cleared up."

I think she probably put something in the system that said, "Give this man his tickets."
Formerly Willy Wonka
The Milkman
AG
willie wonka said:

I just had a minor victory with the Masters' ticket people that I am choosing to believe portends great things when the emails come out in July.

I moved since I applied for tickets last year and the guy that I bought the house from had also applied for tickets in the past so they wouldn't let me apply because my address was already in the system.

I called them up and they cleared it right up and said, "Mr Wonka, you are free to apply. It's all cleared up."

I think she probably put something in the system that said, "Give this man his tickets."
Yeah probably
OldAg10
AG
I plan on going next year. I hope the lottery system cooperates.
TP Ag '87
AG
I told my wife that I was filling out the form, requesting a max of 2 per day. She then asked what WE would do if WE only got tickets for a single day, i.e. make a vacation of it somehow.

That was not the WE I had envisioned attending.

DannyDuberstein
AG
It's easy for me to tell people how to spend their $$$, but honestly, I would not wait on winning the lottery to go to the Masters. My recommendation would be going on Tuesday, which you can get a ticket for about $600-700 on Stubhub. If you want to save more, go on Monday which go for $400-500.

Given people spend thousands to go to Disney World, $500 for a Pebble Beach green fee, easily drop $600 on new equipment, etc, this is one of those items where I would recommend saying "**** it" and just pay the toll once if you are a big-time golf fan. It's such a golf bucket list item and not that hard to do. Other than the ticket cost, it can otherwise be a fairly cheap trip (well, maybe getting out of the merch shop without spending a fortune can be tough but that's on you), especially if you are willing to do a little driving and stay near Atlanta.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Just know that if you follow this advice, the next year you're gonna win the lottery.

But that's a good problem to have.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

I told my wife that I was filling out the form, requesting a max of 2 per day. She then asked what WE would do if WE only got tickets for a single day, i.e. make a vacation of it somehow.

La Fours
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

I guess I should make it clear to my wife that I don't intend on bringing her along.
gillom
AG
I'll be the lone detractor here. I took my wife. We spent a few days in Charleston. Also had her sister and my BIL so got a round of golf in. IMO it's one of those destinations that any one can appreciate, golf fan or not. It also guarantees I can go whenever I want.
DannyDuberstein
AG
You're not alone. My wife went too, but she's actually an educated golf fan and it was a great trip for both of us. Now when I was lucky enough to win a 2nd time -> guy's trip, which she was totally cool with.
cadetjay02
AG
I fully intend on taking my wife and hitting up Charleston as well. I will likely be rewarded accordingly.
jonj101
When I went we did the Atlanta route and played a round in Athens. If I get selected again, I think I'll check out Charleston and the surrounding area.
AustinCountyAg
cadetjay02 said:

I fully intend on taking my wife and hitting up Charleston as well. I will likely be rewarded accordingly.
Charleston is great.....my plan after I win tickets this year is to fly in to Atlanta and then drive to Savannah and stay there for a few nights before going to the Masters. and Yes my wife will be going, but she loves golf so it is all good.

Has anyone done Savannah before? We loved Charleston so I am thinking we will enjoy Savannah as well since many say the towns/atmosphere is very similar.
The Lost
DannyDuberstein said:

It's easy for me to tell people how to spend their $$$, but honestly, I would not wait on winning the lottery to go to the Masters. My recommendation would be going on Tuesday, which you can get a ticket for about $600-700 on Stubhub. If you want to save more, go on Monday which go for $400-500.

Given people spend thousands to go to Disney World, $500 for a Pebble Beach green fee, easily drop $600 on new equipment, etc, this is one of those items where I would recommend saying "**** it" and just pay the toll once if you are a big-time golf fan. It's such a golf bucket list item and not that hard to do. Other than the ticket cost, it can otherwise be a fairly cheap trip (well, maybe getting out of the merch shop without spending a fortune can be tough but that's on you), especially if you are willing to do a little driving and stay near Atlanta.
Eh, I think it just depends on your situation (as someone who has won from the lottery) and urgency to go. My closest golf buddies have all gotten to go now, with all being through the lottery or a contest.

I was probably a few years out from doing this since my dad is getting older and sooner than later wouldnt be able to do the walking required. If you don't have a time limit, I'd say pebble is more worth it until there is a time/physical limit.
Squatch
AG
I know a guy who is friends with a guy who has a 2nd cousin that heard about someone winning the lottery. hasn't been confirmed, though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.