What golf ball do you play?

9,300 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by investorAg83
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My tournament ball is the TM project A. I love it. Soft and it spins plenty for me around the greens. For the price it is hard to beat for me.

If I'm playing a budget ball my go to is the Top Flite 3 piece you can buy at Dicks. I think it is the gamer?

Prov1's are nice but I have a tough time spending that much dough on some balls I'll eventually lose.
stick93
AG
Have you tried the new TopFlite Urethane yet? Probably get you real close to the Project a.

I'm a Top Flite D2 Feel guy myself. 7 handicap who doesn't like spin so they work for me. Probably mental but i've just never found a higher end ball that I like enough off of the tee. I'm sure I lose out some around the green but I score by keeping the ball in front of me. Another good one for me is the Callaway Supersoft.

ps- that's my honest response for MY game and I'm bowing out of this thread now.
07fta07
AG
Pro V1, but I've had a free supply for about 5 years (and probably have another 1-2 years of balls left).
Big fan of the TM TP5 and the Srixon Z star as well. Have never liked any of the callaway balls, although I hear good things about the chrome soft.
LHIOB
AG
Usually whatever I find
_lefraud_
AG
I've been playing the chrome soft lately and really like it. Also play zstars and Kirklands.
powerbelly
AG
Srixon z stars.

I usually wait for a sale and stock up
andrago94
AG
I have been playing Vice Tour for about a year. Before that I played Titleist NXT.
98Ag99Grad
AG
ProV, chrome soft, q star tour, sometimes Bridgestone e6. Quite a few I like.
Famous Shoes
AG
Chrome Soft.
aggiedent
AG
Whatever lands in my backyard that hasn't been scuffed up from hitting the cart path. It's a wide range of brands and colors, but Pro V's are probably the most common by a slight margin.
ORAggieFan
Chromesoft and KSig.
Forum Troll
AG
Used AAAA ProV1 from lostgolfballs.com

Picked up 4 dozen for 64 dollars a few weeks ago.
AustinCountyAg
That's my biggest complaint about prov's. I love them around the green but I hate the way they feel off the driver.

Although I did find a tp5 a while back and played a round with it and I actually found it to be okay off the tee box. It was pretty good.
schwabbin
AG
Chrome soft and super soft plus whatever I find.
Aggie369
AG
I get Callaway balls for free but I play pretty much anything I find....i think its a bit silly to pay for golf balls or tees... I've never bought either
jja79
AG
Snell MTB Black. $27/dz delivered. Ordered 6 dozen last friday and they were on my porch when I got home yesterday.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Z Star or Q Star Tour
_lefraud_
AG
jja79 said:

Snell MTB Black. $27/dz delivered. Ordered 6 dozen last friday and they were on my porch when I got home yesterday.

Would you be interested in selling a dozen or even a sleeve?
Mr.Bond
AG
Pro V1
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Broncos
TM project a or ProV

TM aeroburners aren't bad either for a cheaper ball
jja79
AG
If we were to do that how would I get that to you? I'm guessing you could get it cheaper buying directly from Snell.
_lefraud_
AG
My mistake, I was thinking of Vice golf balls, where it's cheaper by the dozen. I'll grab a dozen Snell of TGW.
jja79
AG
So far as I know TGW doesn't sell the Snell balls. The sell direct on their website and ship to you. 6 dozen gets a price break. I think just one dozen is something like $31.
_lefraud_
AG
https://www.tgw.com/snell-golf-mtb-black-golf-balls?SITE_ID=A2004&CID=PLA&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8YXXBRDXARIsAMzsQuWFEflohvtiWM8UrfdvOsAKzG-l3_Ojw0Nm4H0QFQY5y20nvjlHmbwaAgiAEALw_wcB
jja79
AG
Ok. Why wouldn't you just order from Snell direct and if you like them you can buy them cheaper when you order 6.
Doc4rock
AG
Titleist AVX
_lefraud_
AG
Does Snell Direct offer free shipping?
hoya-ag
AG
Srixon Z Star XV or Bridgestone Tour B SX
birdman
I like Bridgestone. Also like Callaway.
FTAco07
AG
Prefer Chrome Soft, but tend to get Pro Vs from work related activities so I play them quite a bit.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
If I buy, z-star from lost golf balls. I hit the chrome soft today and thought it was pretty good. Also hit a vice, nice also. Hit a few others today that were just blah. Or it was my ****ty swing. Probably the latter.

Yes, very definitely the latter.
khaos288
AG
I got between Wilson duo softs and chrome softs.

Duos are long and don't spin at all. So when I'm not playing well, I use them so I can play out of the fair way.

Otherwise, chrome soft feels like the best all around ball for spin and softness
jja79
AG
Yes. The price is delivered to your door.
14TheRoad
AG
I've been playing ProV1x for the last couple of years but after recently playing some Taylormade TP5/TP5x i'll be switching to that ball.
tlfw378
AG
I used to play ProV1s and still will, but lately have been playing Bridgestone B330S. I tried the chrome soft and like them and I want to try the TaylorMades.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.