SEC Golf Championship Thread

3,915 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ags76
Fish-N-Chips
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ags aren't off to the hottest start at the tournament. Currently sitting at 13th with all 5 players through their first nine holes.

Anyone else trying to keep up with the tourney? They live track scores here.
Fish-N-Chips
AG
Make that dead last place. 5 strokes back at the moment from 13th.
Mr.Bond
AG
Yikes. We were ranked top 5 early in the year correct?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Fish-N-Chips
AG
I'm not the most avid follower throughout the year due to how little coverage there is, but it appears we were ranked #2 in the nation recently according to this coaches poll. According to Golfweek/Sagarin we were 17th in the nation.
A thread on TexAgs posted ten minutes before noon Thursday had nearly 700 posts at 6:00 p.m. the same day.

The original poster, whose screen name is "Fish-N-Chips," wrote, "Fish camp is taking their pictures at the bonfire memorial and disgracing it! This infuriates me!!!"
coloradoag69
AG
To say that both the men and women got off to awful starts would be an understatement! It literally can't get any worse, can it?

Hope we can pull ourselves together before regionals. I assume we will make the regionals!

rosshoss00
AG
Another Aggie meltdown. #2 in the nation and are blowing our toe off, last place. Shaking my damn head.
Gap
AG
So, we are #2 in the nation and the highest ranked team in the SEC and we are in last place after day 1 of the conference tournament and out of the lead by 20 strokes?

I notice #7 nationally Florida is at the bottom of the day along with us. Did we play in a group at a time of the day with poor conditions or anything like that?
mullokmotx
AG
On KBTX the other day the team was talking about payback after coming in second last year. I was worried the women's team might have put an NCAA bid in jeopardy with their 13th place finish at the SEC Tournament, but they were 1 of 11 SEC teams to get the NCAA invite today.
I hope this is not a trend of how our teams will do at the spring conference championships.
Gap
AG
Aggies are off to a GREAT start on Day 2. As a team, we are -6 basically after the first 9 holes.

Golfstat Live Scoring: SEC Championship
Fish-N-Chips
AG
The whole team has made the turn at this point and we are currently tied for 11th right now with Florida at +11.

Still 5 strokes out of the match play at this moment though if my memory serves me.
A thread on TexAgs posted ten minutes before noon Thursday had nearly 700 posts at 6:00 p.m. the same day.

The original poster, whose screen name is "Fish-N-Chips," wrote, "Fish camp is taking their pictures at the bonfire memorial and disgracing it! This infuriates me!!!"
Fish-N-Chips
AG
The team ended the second round only two strokes back of 8th place. Looking for a good day tomorrow!

NumberEinAg
AG
BIG improvement today! We tied Ole Miss for the 2nd lowest round of the day (-3). LSU had the best round at -4. We're right back in the thick of making the Final 8 Teams for the Match Play portion of the Championship, but it's going to be a dog fight tomorrow.
Fish-N-Chips
AG
Team is teeing off and we're currently two stroke out of match play.

Hopefully my east texas boy Chandler Phillips can go low today. Used to watch him hit balls at Raven Nest in Huntsville when he was in high school. He's an unreal talent.
dc509
AG
I'm sure I could find this, but is today televised?
_lefraud_
AG
Ole Miss, Kentucky and Tennessee will drop back today. The Ags should finish 5th or 6th today, assuming they shoot somewhere between 278-284.
hot dog
AG
dc509 said:

I'm sure I could find this, but is today televised?

TV coverage won't start until match play. Saturday it's on SEC Network+ and Sunday's championship is on the normal SEC channel.
CapCityAg89
AG
T7 through 5
Fish-N-Chips
AG
Too many big numbers right now. Fell back into a T10.
txags11
AG
Ugh..Fell back to 10th, 3 off 8th.
Fish-N-Chips
AG
Back into 8th with a two shot cushion!
CapCity12thMan
AG
seem to be making a move. We've got plenty of holes left to overtake TN

CapCity12thMan
AG
team has 4 holes left. Go -1 or better on those to finish solo 7th.
ibdm98
AG
Phillips & Paysse (only two that matter) are on their last hole.
CapCity12thMan
AG
Paysse birdies the last. Strong
Fish-N-Chips
AG
Talk about a clutch round from Phillips assuming he can hold on through his last hole.
Fish-N-Chips
AG
Paysse birdied his last hole!
ibdm98
AG
Arkansas was on the outside looking in and then goes 9 under as a team on their last 9 holes. They're currently in a tie for 5th.
Brenner
AG
Fish-N-Chips said:

Talk about a clutch round from Phillips assuming he can hold on through his last hole.
Fish-N-Chips
AG
Phillips bogies 18, and looks like the Ags are going to finish T7 headed into match play.
Fish-N-Chips
AG
He didn't blow up, and we should be through. I consider that holding on!
mullokmotx
AG
We played holes 10-18 first today. The four scoring players were 5 under on the final 9 holes (front 9) today. Looks like we finish tied for 7th but I don't know how they break ties. At least the team made it through to match play.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I think we get the 7th seed though in match play - right? Guessing ties determined by team score final round?
jmcfar_98
AG
Ags get the 8th Seed

Non Sudden-Death Tie-Breaking Procedure

For pairings purposes and for situations in which a sudden-death playoff cannot be completed, the following system shall be used to break ties, except as provided elsewhere when ties need not be broken at the championships:

Teams
1. Cumulative total of the non-counting scores.
2. Player with the highest cumulative total.
3. Player with the second-highest cumulative total.
4. Player with the third-highest cumulative total.
5. Player with the fourth-highest cumulative total.
6. Player with the lowest cumulative total.
7. Revert to original seeding of teams.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Already started with the match play, but very early. Down to the bayou rats 2-1-2.

Let's get em guys.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Really need to close, too much purple on the board.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.