No Laying Up Podcast - Golf Analytics

859 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bagger05
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://nolayingup.com/2018/04/23/nlu-podcast-episode-135-mark-broadie/

This past week's episode was really really good stuff. The guest was the guy who invented the Strokes Gained stats, and he talks about all areas of the game where tour players and regular are losing or making up strokes.

He addressed the argument that this board has had many times about where making the biggest improvement in scoring for amateurs is off the tee or short game. He says his analysis has said that 65% of scoring difference comes from outside of 100 yards and 35% is inside 100 yards.

I think its worth a listen.
hoya-ag
AG
Agree. It was really interesting.
Quinn
AG
Great episode, like most of theirs are.

I had an idea of how Strokes gained before listening, but it makes a ton of sense now. The two things he said are most important for a mid handicapper to work on were shots from 100-150 yards and 3'-7' putts. A lot of strokes are made up in those two areas at that level.
bagger05
AG
Broadie's book Every Shot Counts is supposed to be interesting but I've never read it.

If you're interested in this kind of thing I recommend the book Lowest Score Wins.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.