USGA vs PGA and rolling back the golf ball

2,496 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BTD
Aggie369
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a reason why tour guys will play drivers and woods from a few years ago with the new model head cover on it and play golf balls from 4, 5, or 6 years ago
ORAggieFan
Is it me, or does the ball roll a ton on fairway drives on tour. I never see fairways that roll like greens when I play. Seems an easy fix is play fairways more like we play and stop the insane roll they get.
bagger05
AG
I actually see the opposite. A lot of times on TV you'll see drives basically check up once they hit the fairway.
ORAggieFan
OK, who has the roll stats!
Aggie369
AG
Depends on the course set up and current health/condition of course and weather...sometimes I see it hit and check and sometimes u see it roll for days

DargelSkout
AG
I agree, most tour drives I watch don't roll out far. My shot rolls a bunch compared to theirs but I hit the ball on a lower trajectory. Of course they fly it past where mine would stop. I think I remember an announcer saying they don't like it rolling out far because they can't predict the outcome if they're getting lots of roll.
BTD
Depends on whether you hit the roll or backspin button. If you move your tee you lose a lot of the check up.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.