Titleist AVX Golf Ball

2,091 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CPrice13
CPrice13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saw Titleist is releasing a new golf ball, the AVX. Anyone had the chance to hit them yet? How do they compare to the ProV1 or ProV1x?
khaos288
AG
They seem super hyped to me. Didn't perform any better than other 3 piece low spin ball, and cost twice as much
Doc4rock
AG
I have been playing them and really like them. Soft and straight but does have good spin around the green.
Mr.Bond
AG
Very similar to the pro v imo except softer which was surprising to me. Could definitely notice around the green and off the putter
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Forum Troll
AG
Quote:

According to Michael Mahoney, the Vice President of Golf Ball Marketing for Titleist, the AVX is a member of the Pro V1 family. Here's a basic understanding of the lineup:

• AVX: Softest, lowest trajectory, lowest spinning, less greenside spin and longest
  • Pro V1x: Firmer than the Pro V1, highest spinning and highest trajectory
  • Pro V1: Sits between the V1x and the AVX in terms of feel, spin and trajectory, and will appeal to most golfers

So a ProV1 pricepoint for a distance ball? No thanks.

http://www.golfwrx.com/510910/titleist-avx-golf-balls-passed-the-test-are-now-available-across-the-united-states/?utm_source=FP&utm_medium=Featured&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=main
dodger02
AG
Yeah, seems like an expensive solution looking for a problem.
Brenner
AG
Trinity Ag
S
I found one last weekend, and nobody in the group had ever heard of it.

I hit it a couple of times, not know its performance characteristics.

What I noticed is a lot less iron spin compared to the ProV1x I usually hit. Which is not necessarily a good thing for me.
Dawg6
AG
I've played the AVX a lot. I believe it is definitely longer (v. Pro V1 or X) and around the green it's fine. I sensed a loss of spin on longer irons though.
Good ball and just ordered a dozen from Titleist.
Trinity Ag
S
Dawg6 said:

I've played the AVX a lot. I believe it is definitely longer (v. Pro V1 or X) and around the green it's fine. I sensed a loss of spin on longer irons though.
Good ball and just ordered a dozen from Titleist.
Yes -- I tagged a 6 iron with it, and it rolled out like 12-15 feet. With the same shot, a ProV1 would have hopped & stopped.
_lefraud_
AG
Forum Troll said:

Quote:

According to Michael Mahoney, the Vice President of Golf Ball Marketing for Titleist, the AVX is a member of the Pro V1 family. Here's a basic understanding of the lineup:

• AVX: Softest, lowest trajectory, lowest spinning, less greenside spin and longest
  • Pro V1x: Firmer than the Pro V1, highest spinning and highest trajectory
  • Pro V1: Sits between the V1x and the AVX in terms of feel, spin and trajectory, and will appeal to most golfers

So a ProV1 pricepoint for a distance ball? No thanks.

http://www.golfwrx.com/510910/titleist-avx-golf-balls-passed-the-test-are-now-available-across-the-united-states/?utm_source=FP&utm_medium=Featured&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=main

If it's part of the Pro V family, than Pro V should be in the name somewhere, right?

But then again, I'm not a Vice President of Ball Marketing...
dodger02
AG
AVX = Alternative to the V and the X

Some agency got paid a lot of money to come up with that name.
CPrice13
AG
Played it yesterday. Actually liked it better than the Prov1x which I usually play. A lot softer off the face of clubs. I didn't seem to lose much spin around the greens. Think I'm going to keep playing it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.