****Texags Tourney 2 Wrap up!****

1,473 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by shaynew1
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy all

Other than the weather, lets talk about what went right, and how we can improve next year.

How did everyone feel about the google forms for dates?

Form for sign ups?

Campus course?

Net/Gross skins game?

And for next year,

What do you want to see?

Mercy project/charity partnership?
REMARCH11
AG
How did everyone feel about the google forms for dates? I liked it, made it easy

Form for sign ups? Good to go

Campus course? Yes, I say keep it there

Net/Gross skins game? Absolutely, keep it the same, 5.00 gross and 5.00 net

And for next year,

What do you want to see? I like the individual stroke play part but I think it would be fun to have a blind draw for a partner. At the end of the round we could best ball our cards, that way we could have 2 tournaments in one.

Mercy project/charity partnership? I think this a great cause! I would also suggest benefiting families of Fallen Aggies, not sure if there is an organization for this, but I think it would be worth looking into.
Icecream_Ag
S
REMARCH11 said:

And for next year,

What do you want to see? I like the individual stroke play part but I think it would be fun to have a blind draw for a partner. At the end of the round we could best ball our cards, that way we could have 2 tournaments in one.

Mercy project/charity partnership? I think this a great cause! I would also suggest benefiting families of Fallen Aggies, not sure if there is an organization for this, but I think it would be worth looking into.
the stroke play/best ball combo sounds like fun.

IMO if this gets some sort of partnership a scramble would draw more people so may need a second tourney for that. One in spring that's a stroke play and on in the fall that's a scramble or shamble.
REMARCH11
AG
That sounds like a good plan, would be fun to have two tournaments a year. Always looking for a reason to come back to CS.

Another tournament format that I played in that was an absolute blast was a two man scramble with a blind draw.
It was pretty simple really, you played a scramble with a partner then at the end of the tournament each team drew another team and then we best balled score cards. An interesting twist was that if both teams birdied the same hole then the team was two under for the hole, if one team birdied and the other pared then you were just 1 under. This way all birdies and eagles counted.

I'm game for whatever though. Count me in.
gman-79
AG
Everything was good except the weather. We just need to keep it going until we reach critical mass. The off weekend idea for the fall sounds like a good idea. Maybe have walk up music on the first tee. I will be there for whatever(as long as I have a yard pass, LOL).
Txroper
AG
The downfall of having it in college station is it seems to limit the amount of players. Idk if it would be bigger in DFW or Houston. Maybe move it each year. I would like to see it grow. Maybe have an entry fee to pay more than just skins.
khaos288
AG
I like this. Maybe we can do a fall group in the morning followed by game watching?
AggieC07
AG
Maybe do a Houston and Dallas qualifier and championship in CS?
Quinn
AG
How many did y'all end up getting this year? I know I enjoyed last year and was disappointed that I couldn't make it this time.

I enjoy having it in College Station, but it might be fun to do Dallas & Houston versions as well.
khaos288
AG
Quinn said:

How many did y'all end up getting this year? I know I enjoyed last year and was disappointed that I couldn't make it this time.

I enjoy having it in College Station, but it might be fun to do Dallas & Houston versions as well.
We only had 11. The weather caused about a dozen last minute type cancellations though. We had it all organized though, so basically every thing went as expected with good communication
Famous Shoes
AG
Everything was great, just need more players and the weather to cooperate!
Aggie369
AG
Dallas vs Houston? that way the qualifying guys or teams from each city have a cheering section and are the final group off?

Everyone who wants to play can still play in CS after the Dallas and Houston rounds but now some bragging rights are up for grabs. As the first groups off are done they can circle back around follow the last group playing for each city
shaynew1
AG
So Groesbeck gets a first round bye then?
shaynew1
AG
I'm ready for another trip to the campus course...it didn't get my best shot the other day
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.