Brenham 3-Man Scramble

1,237 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by KC_Ag14
KC_Ag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
April 27-29, 2018
Brenham Country Club
$175/man-$525/team; $75 if you need a cart for the weekend
Tournament is flighted
Cash prices per flight (tournament finish):
1st- $1,500
2nd-$1,000
3rd-$600

This is a little last minute, but they're scrambling for more teams. Two rounds Saturday and Sunday, with practice round Friday and Calcutta Friday night. Day money paid for Calcutta as well as tournament finish. Looking to establish reciprocal tournaments with other local clubs in Greater Houston and Brazos Valley (play in ours-play in yours).

Let me know if you're interested and I'll get more details.
AustinCountyAg
They are scrambling for teams because of what they're charging. $175 to play BCC. Give me a break.
KC_Ag14
AG
For 3 rounds, dinner at the Calcutta and other amenities $175 is not bad.
AustinCountyAg
Yeah it isn't bad but it sure isn't good either. Especially after you add the cart fee.... maybe the conditions have changed but last time I played out there it was nothing more than a mowed pasture.

Don't get me wrong I love supporting my local courses and playing in local tournaments but not for that kind of a price on the kind of a course. Good luck on getting me teams.
KC_Ag14
AG
For a club that's trying to improve its perception, it can't make the necessary changes to make that improvement without dollars. Granted that's on members too, but you grow membership with these types of events. Not all clubs are what they want to be... just something to consider
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Then charge $60 and get a full field. Consider it a marketing cost.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
KC_Ag14
AG
You still have to payout the tournament winners. Nobody is going to want to play for peanuts.
KC_Ag14
AG
One last bump. Weather is looking to be pretty awesome this weekend...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.