Frustrated with Briarcrest

15,091 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Old Tom Morris
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
your post reminds me of a textbook slow play pet peeve -> the group that is playing slow as ****, realizes they are slow, but are determined to not let anyone thru and will go as far as getting off the teebox with a sense of urgency to avoid an interaction with you. That rush off the teebox while avoiding eye contact is a classic dbag move. It's the only sense of pace and urgency you'll see from them all day. Slow but determined to hold their place.
stick93
AG
It is a classic dbag maneuver. Never mind the group in front of us so long as we keep pace with the group behind us.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Beginning or very senior golfers I understand. All of us have been there on #1 and hope to get there on the 2nd

What sends me off the deep end is:
1. Walk the edge of the rough looking for lost balls
2. Mulligans. Especially on the green when next group is waiting.
3. Driving up to the next tee box and seeing that the slow ass group still hasnt teed up because all 4 have their heads buried in thier I Phones.
AG
Just an FYI but they are aerating Monday 8/27.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Quote:

Driving up to the next tee box and seeing that the slow ass group still hasnt teed up because all 4 have their heads buried in thier I Phones.

100% this..my other one is when someone is a beginner and his partner is giving him lessons over every shot.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
mm98
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Beginning or very senior golfers I understand. All of us have been there on #1 and hope to get there on the 2nd

3. Driving up to the next tee box and seeing that the slow ass group still hasnt teed up because all 4 have their heads buried in thier I Phones.

This happened to me a few months ago. I'm playing a twilight round at Cinco Ranch and my son is riding with me just watching and keeping me company. i pull up to the next hole and wait while a 3 some tees off. They all notice me.

First guy puts it in the fairway. 2nd guy is out of bounds right. 3rd guy is out of bounds left. 2nd guy takes mulligan and puts it in play. 3rd guy takes mulligan and tops it barely past the ladies tee box. Curses out loud. Looks at me for several seconds as he walks back to his cart to grab ball #3. Finally puts that one a long and straight 190 in the fairway. Takes his time putting up his stuff and then they all go out in their 3 different carts.
I wasn't rushing them or parking very close. They were playing the whites and i was well behind the tips.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
mm98 said:

SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

This happened to me a few months ago. I'm playing a twilight round at Cinco Ranch and my son is riding with me just watching and keeping me company. i pull up to the next hole and wait while a 3 some tees off. They all notice me.

First guy puts it in the fairway. 2nd guy is out of bounds right. 3rd guy is out of bounds left. 2nd guy takes mulligan and puts it in play. 3rd guy takes mulligan and tops it barely past the ladies tee box. Curses out loud. Looks at me for several seconds as he walks back to his cart to grab ball #3. Finally puts that one a long and straight 190 in the fairway. Takes his time putting up his stuff and then they all go out in their 3 different carts.
I wasn't rushing them or parking very close. They were playing the whites and i was well behind the tips.

If they were out of bounds, they have to hit another tee shot.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
mm98
AG
I understand the rules. Shouldn't have said mulligan on the first rehits...

My of frustration was golfer #3, who was being a ****** between his second and third stroke off the tee, staring me down like "don't even ask to play through".
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
mm98 said:

My of frustration was golfer #3, who was being a ****** between his second and third stroke off the tee, staring me down like "don't even ask to play through".
No one should ever have to ASK to play through.
stick93
AG
Sooper Jeenyus said:

mm98 said:

No one should ever have to ASK to play through.

We made the turn the other day, 108 heat index, nobody on the course. Catch 4 old men on 11 tee that obviously just jumped on the back 9. We try to be patient for 3 holes but it is very apparent that they are aware of our presence and have no intention of letting us play through. We decide to skip #14. They see us coming(mind you they don't even know what our intentions are at this point. We had every intention of telling them we were gonna skip a hole or two to get clear of them) and one of the guys drops his passenger and drives ahead and parks in front of the bridge near the green so we can't get thru. Drove right past his tee ball to make sure he blocked us.
Old Tom Morris
Not Briarcrest, but I joined another single a few weeks ago, and some old F pulled that same move when we went to bypass a 4some. The guy I joined got out of his cart moved the old guy's cart. Cracked me up to watch this old guy's reaction when this totally ripped black dude got in his cart. Totally froze. Didn't say a word.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.