Traditions Club Membership

11,127 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dc509
golf05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a couple questions for members on Traditions Club.
How much was your initiation fee for a full golf membership? Do you know if there are times of the year that the initiation is lowered?
Last I heard, the initiation for a full golf membership was $12k.
What would you say are the pros and cons of traditions club?
mosesrab90
AG
Assume you are joining as a resident member; cuz non-resident memberships are a fraction of that with full privileges. Member-Guest is a great event, and the MGA is pretty active on Saturday mornings. Course is tough, especially when it's wet and/or windy, but it's fun to play. Shame Sonny got fired - he made a mean bloody mary and an even meaner marg.
jja79
AG
Hadn't heard about Sonny. That's too bad.
Boo Weekley
Will miss Sonny, always made me smile.
jja79
AG
Sonny was a beat down when he tried watching a game with you. He didn't know any of the players or whether the teams were good but that didn't stop him from blasting at the top of his lungs when someone did something.
Boo Weekley
jja79 said:

Sonny was a beat down when he tried watching a game with you. He didn't know any of the players or whether the teams were good but that didn't stop him from blasting at the top of his lungs when someone did something.
Ha, I can imagine...the few times I was up there watching it was pretty crowded and he mostly stayed behind the bar and asked what the score was etc.
Boo Weekley
Leander - Ag
AG
Damn - why did they fire him. He was great.
Buck Compton
AG
mosesrab90 said:

Assume you are joining as a resident member; cuz non-resident memberships are a fraction of that with full privileges. Member-Guest is a great event, and the MGA is pretty active on Saturday mornings. Course is tough, especially when it's wet and/or windy, but it's fun to play. Shame Sonny got fired - he made a mean bloody mary and an even meaner marg.
I know people get up in arms about this type of stuff, but what's the pricetag on a non-resident membership? I am in College Station probably once a month outside of football season and almost always have a morning off--seeing if it is worth it.
Boo Weekley
Buck Compton said:

mosesrab90 said:

I know people get up in arms about this type of stuff, but what's the pricetag on a non-resident membership? I am in College Station probably once a month outside of football season and almost always have a morning off--seeing if it is worth it.
Pretty expensive especially if just golfing once per month. $4,000 initiation fee and $235/month...which doesn't include cart fee, which I believe is $20?
mosesrab90
AG
4K now? When I joined as non-resident it was $1,000. No brainer.
Leander - Ag
AG
Think I paid $1.2k and they matched it with a 12th man donation (non resident)
aginlakeway
AG
Does anyone know what the current non-resident membership is?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Leander - Ag
AG
Looks like $4k. Dues are $235 month
aginlakeway
AG
Leander - Ag said:

Looks like $4k. Dues are $235 month

I see that now. Thanks. I thought it was half that much a year or so ago when we looked into joining.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
dc509
AG
I requested membership information from them a couple of years ago, and $3k sticks out in my mind for non resident. I can't find the emails they sent me or I would confirm that. Wouldn't surprise me if it's gone up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.