Anybody tried Vice golf balls?

2,045 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Duckhook
AgNamedAustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wanting to buy some Vice gear but haven't heard any real reviews. Anyone tried em yet?
WestTexAG
AG
They're pretty good premium balls. I haven't played anything other than the top ball but I'd say as good as b330 line or tp5.
Icecream_Ag
S
I've hit some found ones, not bad but had trouble following the ball in the air...could be why they were lost just in the rough now that I think about it
TheGreatScott12
AG
I've used them. They're not bad for the price. Prepare to wait awhile on getting them once you order.
Duckhook
AG
I tried them. They sell a 10 ball sample pack that contains a 2-ball package of 5 different types of balls. I liked some of them.
aggieiniowa
AG
I bought them last season and put our company logo on them. In my opinion they were better balls than the refurbished ProV's that you can buy online. They are not as good as brand new ProV's but for the price, I think they are a much better value. For me they were soft but did not get cut and lasted longer than ProV's. If you are playing in a tournament or something for money spend the extra $ on the best ball you can buy. If you are playing for fun to me there is no reason to go spend way more.
I bought the Vice Pro and still have some this year. I did go out and buy the Kirkland brand balls this season, but have not had a chance to hit them yet, stupid snow in April in Iowa.
claybot
AG
I play the Vice Pro Plus. Great ball, and great price if you buy more than a couple boxes at a time. Their gloves are great too.
BEaggie08
AG
claybot said:

I play the Vice Pro Plus. Great ball, and great price if you buy more than a couple boxes at a time. Their gloves are great too.
I bought one of their gloves along with some balls. Glove lasted a single freaking round. Huge hole in the palm. Rest of the glove still looks new. Been playing with a Callaway glove since (about 15 rounds).
claybot
AG
BEaggie08 said:

claybot said:

I bought one of their gloves along with some balls. Glove lasted a single freaking round. Huge hole in the palm. Rest of the glove still looks new. Been playing with a Callaway glove since (about 15 rounds).
Really? That sucks. All of their gloves I've had have lasted as long as any other glove.
Ag_07
AG
Not to derail too much but if you're not buying your gloves from MG Golf then you're getting ripped off.

Seriously these things are the best gloves I've ever bought and they're the cheapest.
BEaggie08
AG
I've bought from them before. They're functional, but I don't love them.
_lefraud_
AG
Yea I've tried the MG glove a few different times, and while it felt great at a great price, it only lasted a few rounds or so. I've been just getting the Callaway 3pk from Costco for $18.
jja79
AG
Haven't played Vice but very satisfied with the Snell MTB Black. $27/dozen delivered to your front door.
TheGreatScott12
AG
jja79 said:

Haven't played Vice but very satisfied with the Snell MTB Black. $27/dozen delivered to your front door.
Snell MTB is the better play if you are going for the $30 3 piece ball in my opinion. Arrival time is way faster.
jja79
AG
Our club champion was a self admitted Pro V1 snob when my son gave him a sleeve of MTB. He converted.

They also have a 4 piece ball MTB Red for the same price. Spins more.
Duckhook
AG
The MG ball is not a bad ball either. They've recently come out with the MG Senior ball, which is NOT USGA conforming.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.