Patrick Reed the person

19,961 Views | 205 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Marauder Blue 6
JHUAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I still can't believe that Spieth didn't eagle #18 after hitting the tree to force a playoff. From 315 yards out anyone from Texags with a 5 iron could have made it
LHIOB
AG
JHUAggie said:

I still can't believe that Spieth didn't eagle #18 after hitting the tree to force a playoff. From 315 yards out anyone from Texags with a 5 iron could have made it

Depends on what ball Im using...
GIF Reactor
AG
JHUAggie said:

You're probably right since it is up hill. From a level lie that's a stock 6 iron with a baby draw.
oldschool87
AG
annie88 said:

Family drama aside, that's an awful lot of allegations of cheating while playing golf and being an overall jerky person. Certainly doesn't wanna make you like or pull for the guy very much. Really none of my business I guess and we'll see if he is a great golfer to come in the future or not. The family drama doesn't really bother me people have a lot of that going on but it sounds like he does have a history of being a very dishonest golfer and that's really where the issue is.
I am pretty sure he will be able to cheat on tour...

We all make mistakes, I am pulling for the Houstonian!
annie88
AG
Quote:

You are? Sure he'll be able to Cheat? And that's a good thing?
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
1990AG
AG
Vijay is a known cheater
PJYoung
AG
JHUAggie said:

Spieth only had to make an 88 yard wedge shot to birdie and force a playoff.
oldschool87
AG
annie88 said:

Quote:

Of course he won't be able to cheat on tour. 20 million viewers, players, gallery, rules officials...

Some of you need to not grip the club quite so tightly...
Boo Weekley
1990AG said:

Vijay is a known cheater

For using deer antler spray supplements? Lol

The PGA realized that was ridiculous and dropped the suspension.
DannyDuberstein
AG
No, he was accused of changing his score decades ago when he was a pup on some random Asian tour in order to make a cut. Whatever southeast asian golf federation that existed at the time suspended him indefinitely.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Indonesian Open
JHUAggie
Tiger cheated at the Masters and got penalized for it, but not disqualified...

it makes you think.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Goodness
PJYoung
AG
trolling
cab559
AG
Troll

Troll

Troll
annie88
AG
oldschool87 said:

annie88 said:

Quote:

Of course he won't be able to cheat on tour. 20 million viewers, players, gallery, rules officials...

Some of you need to not grip the club quite so tightly...
And swoosh, right over your head. some of you need to get a sense of humor. Lighten up.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Here's to making some heads explode today with back to back major W's
_lefraud_
AG
I don't necessarily "like" him, but would have no problem with him having a shot at the slam.

DJ, Koepka, Reed in that order is how I'm rooting in terms of winning.
AustinCountyAg
As much as I want to try and respect this dude and root for him he and his wife seems like a complete **** show of a family. First her tweets Sunday morning, and not owning up to them, and then the way Reed threw his teammates under the bus as soon as the RC was over. He is trash.Everyone used to think Bubba was a dick, Reed is on a whole different level.

I don't blame Spieth one bit for not wanting to play with the guy.
AggieC07
AG
I'm not a big fan of Spieth (think he acts a bit spoiled at times) but I don't think the latest comments Reed said made him any fans either...

Link: http://www.golfwrx.com/530472/patrick-reed-airs-out-jordan-spieth-and-captain-jim-furyk-following-the-2018-ryder-cup-loss/
Wildcat
AG
Meh. Those seem pretty mundane. We just got our rear ends handed to us, so it isn't like anyone is above a little criticism.

CoppellAg93
AG
Reed better hope he plays well enough in future years to get an automatic spot on the team - no way he's a captain's pick anytime soon after his comments.
Tom Hagen
AG
Reed seems like the only person on the team who is actually pissed off about losing. The others seem like good losers.
98Ag99Grad
AG
This whole thing seems very cliqueish or like high school. Jordan , Fowler and JT the cool kids who hang out together; Reed on the outside looking in. Not sure airing dirty laundry like that in the news does any good though.
JCA1
AG
Just because you don't want to vent to a reporter doesn't mean you don't care.

While I guess it may be true here and there, the notion that people who literally reach the pinnacle of their sport (whatever it is) after often decades of singleminded pursuit don't care is one of the truly bizarre claims to me.
Ag_07
AG
Not saying I don't believe him or that I condone what he claims, but airing this out doesn't help anyone.

I'm sure a lot of ish happens behind closed doors that guys want to air out but don't. there's a reason.

This doesn't do any good for Furyk, Jordan, Reed, or Team USA. It's a bad move but unfortunately something I expect from Reed.

And it's no surprise his wife had to get in on the action.

Quote:

Several tweets Sunday morning from Reed's wife, Justine, offered some insight as to a potential reason behind the split. She told another user to "ask Jordan" about the split and also lashed out at the media, calling Golf Channel's coverage "journalistically disqualified" after one its editors criticized Reed's play on Saturday.

Justine declined to elaborate on the tweets when approached by a reporter at Le Golf National Sunday afternoon. Asked to confirm that the account is hers, she said, "I can't really say. I don't know." When pressed for details, Justine declined to comment further.
Old Tom Morris
I think there are some silly, ego related cliques on this team. On general principle, I really don't mind it being called out. However, you ask yourself -> does airing this help the team in 2020? Which I think that answer is no. A team that already sucks at bonding, embracing the format, and having fun like the Euros do is going to have it hanging over its head from the beginning.
birdman
That groaning sounds you here? It's coming from the esteemed members of Augusta National, knowing they have to tolerate Patrick Reed and his horrible wife for the next 30 years. They are tone deaf white trash.
hunterjr81
birdman said:

That groaning sounds you here? It's coming from the esteemed members of Augusta National, knowing they have to tolerate Patrick Reed and his horrible wife for the next 30 years. They are tone deaf white trash.

Makes you wonder if some people will skip the champions diner. I can see Jordan having a "sudden" illness.
Old Tom Morris
No one is skipping the dinner because of Patrick Reed's dumb ass.
EKUAg
AG
Jordan wanted to play with JT. They played well and lost only to the Fleetwood/Molinari buzzsaw. Reed and Tiger lost twice to same buzzsaw.

Maybe if the team hit fairways they would have won.

Reed and his wife, to me, seems to think everyone else is a problem but them. His Spieth barbs this year probably haven't helped.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Patrick's MIL is a piece of work too...

Stay Classy Momma

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.