PGA Moving to Frisco

7,009 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by The Milkman
Flexbone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What does Dude Perfect have to do with sports?
oldschool87
AG
That will be interesting for sure. Moved to Frisco in 1992. 5850 people...

There is a Catholic Church plus Frisco Bible Church, plus a rather large Cemetary that cannot be moved on that land...

It is also very low lying land which floods heavily when it rains...

I always wondered what would become of that land as I thought no way they could put a subdivision there because of the topology.

I can't wait!!! I live on the Trails GC now. Maybe I can get the first house over there, LOL, not gonna happen.
TMfrisco
AG
oldschool87 said:

That will be interesting for sure. Moved to Frisco in 1992. 5850 people...

There is a Catholic Church plus Frisco Bible Church, plus a rather large Cemetary that cannot be moved on that land...

It is also very low lying land which floods heavily when it rains...

I always wondered what would become of that land as I thought no way they could put a subdivision there because of the topology.

I can't wait!!! I live on the Trails GC now. Maybe I can get the first house over there, LOL, not gonna happen.
Not that piece of land - West of the Tollway and North of Panther Creek
oldschool87
AG
khaos288 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking for location.

Looks pretty obvious.

I would have assumed west of tollway also...
oldschool87
AG
See above...
khaos288
AG
disclaimer: I know nothing
TMfrisco
AG
oldschool87 said:

khaos288 said:

EThat's exactly what I was thinking for location.

Looks pretty obvious.

That is where we speculated because the City bought land there. The location, as reported by WFAA, is west of the Tollway and North of Panther Creek.
oldschool87
AG
TMfrisco said:

oldschool87 said:

khaos288 said:

EThat's exactly what I was thinking for location.

Looks pretty obvious.

That is where we speculated because the City bought land there. The location, as reported by WFAA, is west of the Tollway and North of Panther Creek.
I was hoping it was West of toll way. I am on the Trails golf course, so I am less than a mile. Bring it On!!!
duck79
AG
Looks like this was formally approved today opening in 2022 at the corner of Rockhill and Legacy.
cadetjay02
AG
Fun fact about it- Frisco ISD apparently put some money in and all the high school golf teams will be practing out there.

Official News Release-
https://www.friscotexas.gov/DocumentCenter/View/16984/FRISCO_PGAofAmerica_relocating_HQ_to_Frisco_as_part_of_innovative_public-private_partnership_12-4-18

Link to layout-
https://www.friscotexas.gov/DocumentCenter/View/16974/Commercial-Area---Detailed-Map

Mateo84
AG
This is badass
oldschool87
AG
Update as of now.

PGA coming. Frisco has hired the architect/ person who built Legacy West. In short there going to build a Legacy North on steroids!

It will incorporate the 2 18 hole courses, a new high rise Omni hotel, complete business, food, shopping district along with housing from 300 to 1 million plus.

PGA event to be held here by 2025.

I am going to see if I can Weasle my way in to whatever board or group will be working with the PGA in any capacity. Will keep you posted.
turfaggie24
AG
If you do let me know.
jj9000
AG
Muy
AG
It's official! Fired up, we live off Lefacy about 6 miles South of this! With The Star and Legacy West just a few miles away, we're happy to be nestled in the middle of this all.
Muy
AG
cadetjay02 said:

Fun fact about it- Frisco ISD apparently put some money in and all the high school golf teams will be practing out there.

Official News Release-
https://www.friscotexas.gov/DocumentCenter/View/16984/FRISCO_PGAofAmerica_relocating_HQ_to_Frisco_as_part_of_innovative_public-private_partnership_12-4-18

Link to layout-
https://www.friscotexas.gov/DocumentCenter/View/16974/Commercial-Area---Detailed-Map

This is the latest divide in the city where half the citizens are gonna be pissed, just like they were with the Star, which the FISD ponied up $30 million. Drastically lower to do this vs building a $70 million stadium to support the 10 high schools up here.

The energy this will help add to the economic momentum of the city will be great. If executives were teetering on where to relocate, i'm sure that being near the new PGA will have an impact.
investorAg83
AG
Muy said:

cadetjay02 said:

Official News Release-

Link to layout-

This is the latest divide in the city where half the citizens are gonna be pissed, just like they were with the Star, which the FISD ponied up $30 million. Drastically lower to do this vs building a $70 million stadium to support the 10 high schools up here.

The energy this will help add to the economic momentum of the city will be great. If executives were teetering on where to relocate, i'm sure that being near the new PGA will have an impact.

Pga is now coming back and requesting more $$$ from Frisco. Something about news getting out, city demands being ridiculous, etc. (my wife was telling me about it last night...she handles major corporate relocations for the metroplex). It's still going to happen...just going to cost the city even more than anticipated.
Muy
AG
Of course it is, and this will add more fuel to the fire that the taxpayers money is simply paying for someone's golf course and not the teachers and students in the FISD.

Meanwhile, every school has indoor football facilities and the best state of the art schools in the area.
Gig-Em2003
AG
So it's a given this thing will host two PGA Championships in the next 15 years?
jonj101
Looking back, has anyone ever played the courses at the existing headquarters in Florida? Are they worth the trip?

Just wondering if I should check the place out before it probably begins to decline.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Major championship in Texas in 2027. Possibility of future Ryder Cup as well.
Old Tom Morris
This course and the PGA Championship's move to a May date have officially put N TX in the major championship circuit.
The Milkman
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Major championship in Texas in 2027. Possibility of future Ryder Cup as well.

Earliest for that could be 2040
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.