****Texag Tournament 2 Sign Ups! April 21st afternoon****

9,427 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by REMARCH11
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Form here for emails

I've got 6 tee times as of now, but we can expand if we have more people who want to play!
JarAG2007
AG
What time is this starting at? Maybe I can leave my other event early to participate in the 2nd annual TexAgs tourney.
khaos288
AG
JarAG2007 said:

What time is this starting at? Maybe I can leave my other event early to participate in the 2nd annual TexAgs tourney.

No exact time yet. I'm going to shoot for 1:30
The Milkman
AG
What course did we settle on and what greens fee are they throwing our way?
khaos288
AG
The Milkman said:

What course did we settle on and what greens fee are they throwing our way?
Campus course, and afternoon fees are ~40$ if I remember correctly.
KidDoc
AG
I have yet to play in a tournament but I may be willing to embarrass myself by that time. What is the tournament format?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
khaos288
AG
Straight up stroke play.

1 flight for net score
1 flight for gross

So bring a handicap and you can win!
KidDoc
AG
khaos288 said:

Straight up stroke play.

1 flight for net score
1 flight for gross

As a noob does this mean an official USGA handicap or just one that I get from my own score tracking? I was actually reading about how to establish a handicap earlier this week.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
khaos288
AG
KidDoc said:

khaos288 said:

Straight up stroke play.

1 flight for net score
1 flight for gross

As a noob does this mean an official USGA handicap or just one that I get from my own score tracking? I was actually reading about how to establish a handicap earlier this week.

Most people download the grint app and let it do the work
Ag_07
AG
KidDoc said:

khaos288 said:

Straight up stroke play.

1 flight for net score
1 flight for gross

GRINT app is USGA compliant.

At least it was last year when I started on it
Ag_07
AG
And probably a major derail here but any thought to making this thing (or starting a totally separate tourney) a match play event?

Collect HCs and entry fee from everyone who wants to play and bracket it out. Give 30 days to get matches in with whoever you draw. Players agree on course and date and report back results and bracket gets updated.

I'm doing one of these in a golf group I'm in and it's actually pretty cool and good to meet new folks and play on new courses. Also conducive to those who can't make the one day event. Just a thought for the future.

Carry on
khaos288
AG
Ag_07 said:

And probably a major derail here but any thought to making this thing (or starting a totally separate tourney) a match play event?

Collect HCs and entry fee from everyone who wants to play and bracket it out. Give 30 days to get matches in with whoever you draw. Players agree on course and date and report back results and bracket gets updated.

I'm doing one of these in a golf group I'm in and it's actually pretty cool and good to meet new folks and play on new courses. Also conducive to those who can't make the one day event. Just a thought for the future.

Carry on
Oh man, thank you for signing up to organize this!
Ag_07
AG
khaos288 said:

Ag_07 said:

Carry on
Oh man, thank you for signing up to organize this!

Not saying I won't but let's put it on hold and revisit until next year or at least until after this tourney.
khaos288
AG
sounds like a plan
Mr.Bond
AG
Can't make April 21. Have fun boys
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

KidDoc
AG
Give me a few weeks to actually log accurate scores without mulligans, drops, and not counting penalties to see how bad I really am. This is at the Campus course correct? Weather has been awful for golf in Aggieland lately hoping for some clearing tomorrow afternoon to play a round.
hot dog
AG
I'd be willing to get out there and slop it around at the campus course tomorrow if you don't want to play solo. Shoot me a Pm if interested
khaos288
AG
KidDoc said:

Give me a few weeks to actually log accurate scores without mulligans, drops, and not counting penalties to see how bad I really am. This is at the Campus course correct? Weather has been awful for golf in Aggieland lately hoping for some clearing tomorrow afternoon to play a round.
Don't worry about the scores as much as the company. Beers will be drank, and good times will be had regardless.

We've got 9 signed up already. Let's fill up the sheet. The more the merrier!
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
Yeah the HCP probably aren't very accurate anyway. Last year I (~23 HCP) played with a partner (~20 HCP) and he was at least 10 strokes better than me.
Thanks & Gig 'Em
Famous Shoes
AG
I'm in!
khaos288
AG
thunderkatalyst said:

Yeah the HCP probably aren't very accurate anyway. Last year I (~23 HCP) played with a partner (~20 HCP) and he was at least 10 strokes better than me.

Haha I trust aggies not to sandbag too much, but I do remember one guy had the round of his life out there including an eagle? And he was an 18 or something
jgh85Ag
AG
I signed up as a 20 and played like a 30.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
KidDoc
AG
One more rookie question. With tournaments how do you decide what tee box to play from? Is it just whatever you want? My drives are 200-250 ish and sometimes more worm burner than decent arcing shots so I'm playing from the tee box one back from the shortest.

If we have to play from tips that is fine but I just need to start playing like that especially at the Campus course as it really changes some of those holes.
khaos288
AG
KidDoc said:

One more rookie question. With tournaments how do you decide what tee box to play from? Is it just whatever you want? My drives are 200-250 ish and sometimes more worm burner than decent arcing shots so I'm playing from the tee box one back from the shortest.

If we have to play from tips that is fine but I just need to start playing like that especially at the Campus course as it really changes some of those holes.

Last year we played maroon and that worked fine. Not quite the back, but still pretty solid.
khaos288
AG
We've got 13 that have filled out the form. Make sure if you want in you fill in the google form in the OP!
REMARCH11
AG
In plus 1
AG
That was prob my partner (maroonedinaustin) but in his defense his home course in Atx is tough so I could see how he could go from a 19 there to a 9 at campus. And I think I prob leveled the field a bit since I also Played min 10 strokes above my entry HCP. #NoHelp
Thanks & Gig 'Em
khaos288
AG
Oh don't worry. A lot of us shot above our caps. Gman Must have thought I was a player bc I pulled a 3 iron on one hole expecting to roll up to the green. After a decent stroke I said "oh that should roll up just fine" and he goes "...into the pond on the other side of the hill"
AG
You carry a 3 iron?! I used to.

Before I bought a real ball retriever...
Thanks & Gig 'Em
gman-79
AG
Quote:

Gman Must have thought I was a player bc I pulled a 3 iron on one hole expecting to roll up to the green. After a decent stroke I said "oh that should roll up just fine" and he goes "...into the pond on the other side of the hill"

Sandbagger was actually my thought, you hit the shot really well, I felt like the worst caddie in the world for not letting you know there was water up there.

So what are the tee times you have reserved.

And also Doc, I don't know how old you are, but last time the old guys(60+) got to hit from the whites.
khaos288
AG
Haha just giving ya a hard time G!

That was a fun time despite never making a decent putt all day. I don't have the exact times yet, but I requested 1:30 to start

And well definitely let seniors play senior tees. That's just good manners.
KidDoc
AG
gman-79 said:

Quote:

Gman Must have thought I was a player bc I pulled a 3 iron on one hole expecting to roll up to the green. After a decent stroke I said "oh that should roll up just fine" and he goes "...into the pond on the other side of the hill"

Sandbagger was actually my thought, you hit the shot really well, I felt like the worst caddie in the world for not letting you know there was water up there.

So what are the tee times you have reserved.

And also Doc, I don't know how old you are, but last time the old guys(60+) got to hit from the whites.
Nah I'm only 45 but just started golf in the last year or so. Just a rook.
Famous Shoes
AG
khaos288 said:

We've got 13 that have filled out the form. Make sure if you want in you fill in the google form in the OP!
Khaos288, could you tell if I have filled out the form you're talking about. Pretty sure I did but don't want to miss out. Looking forward to it!

Thanks
Quinn
AG
Hoping I can make this again - had a great time last year.
JarAG2007
AG
Man I am seeing if i can work in the morning and try to cut away at 1pm. Are all the flights going off at the same time? Or since this isn't a shutdown the course event are they spreading out the tee times in flights? This could make or break me signing up. Thanks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.