GCOH Tournament Course

1,100 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mr.Bond
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody ever played it leading up to the tourney? I'm wanting to get out there as close as I can before they close it to get ready for the tournament.
Mr.Bond
AG
Yes, every year and it's absolutely fantastic
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

AustinCountyAg
saw it costs $200 next month. any way to get a better rate?
Mr.Bond
AG
Try golfnow for a hot deal. It may be a random 11am Wednesday tee time but you never know
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ag_07
AG
We do it every year as well usually the last week it's open to public play. It's awesome. Grandstands are up and course is in tournament shape.

Yes to golfnow. Think we pay about $100 when booked through there.

Oh yeah...It's a pretty hard course. LONG and hitting into the rough is pretty much guaranteed at least a bogey. Take your medicine and avoid getting into more trouble and taking the big number. If they wind is blowing like it was last year when we played the last 3 holes are brutal with 18 being one of the toughest holes I've played.
The Milkman
AG
Ag_07 said:

Oh yeah...It's a pretty hard course. LONG and hitting into the rough is pretty much guaranteed at least a bogey. Take your medicine and avoid getting into more trouble and taking the big number. If they wind is blowing like it was last year when we played the last 3 holes are brutal with 18 being one of the toughest holes I've played.
Not surprising. I think that fairway bunker is the #1 hit bunker on Tour if i remember correctly?
AustinCountyAg
is it walking only?
Mr.Bond
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

is it walking only?

Cart path only

Ag_07
AG
No. IIRC it's cart path only but you can ride. Forecaddy is optional as well.
AustinCountyAg
thinking Saturday is the day im gunna play the course. Afternoon rates are like $80...next week they jump to $200. Am I wring to think the course is prolly in damn near perfect shape already?
Mr.Bond
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

thinking Saturday is the day im gunna play the course. Afternoon rates are like $80...next week they jump to $200. Am I wring to think the course is prolly in damn near perfect shape already?

Course is in very good condition. The greens are probably slightly slower now than tournament time. They haven't cut and rolled them yet.

AustinCountyAg
Got to play yesterday and enjoyed it a lot. Pace of place was excellent considering how busy the course was. Fairways were a little thick and slow (assuming the haven't mowed in a day or two cause of rain) but still in excellent shape. Stand are in the process of buying built. Hopefully the tournament stay there because I would love to make it a yearly deal now.
Mr.Bond
AG
Mayor dip**** will find a way to ruin the Houston Open

JYDog90
AG
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I was thinking of this earlier this morning, is there just not going to be a sponsor this year?
Formerly Willy Wonka
Mr.Bond
AG
Multiple sponsors like the players championship. Just no title sponsorship

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.