San Antonio Golf League

3,763 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Obi Wan Ginobili
Obi Wan Ginobili
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If anyone is interested, I'm in a golf league here in San Antonio and we are looking to add more members.

-$35 annual fee ($25 for Seniors and Military)

-Discounted green fees at some really nice area courses (Comanche Trace, Hyatt Hill Country, Brackenridge, Vaaler Creek, The Quarry, Canyon Springs), and we almost exclusively play at 8:00 AM on Saturday mornings.

-Each tournament, you pay a $5 tournament fee that goes to the winners pool. We also have $5 Gross Skins, $5 Net Skins, and $5 Closest to the Pin on all par 3's (that's $5 total, not $5 for each par 3). These extra games are optional. Winners are paid out in cash, weekly!

-Part of your league fee includes a USGA Handicap. Once you play 5 tournaments in our league, you will have an established HC Index to be used at each event.

-We use the same scoring system as the PGA tour throughout the season, with 4 "Majors" worth extra points, as well as a similar playoff format for the last 4 events.

-End of year banquet is included in your annual fee. Unlimited food and beer. This is where we present the SATEGA Cup winner, as well as a couple other awards.

-Charity tournament every September at Delaware Springs Golf Course in Burnet, TX. Our organization has raised tens of thousands of dollars for local children's charities, including St. PJ's Children's Home and the Texas Lions Camp. Two days of golf, free meals throughout, and a banquet that includes a raffle as well as silent and live auctions. We have signed memorabilia, top of the line golf clubs, art, wine, vacations, etc. We had a long drive professional last year, as well as the possibility to win a brand new F-150 for a hole in one. This event is not exclusive to SATEGA members. We welcome anyone who wants to play, as all proceeds go directly to charity.

If anyone would like more info or has questions, feel free to email me at obiwgt@gmail.com.

The league website is located here SATEGA Home Page
Our 2018 schedule is located here 2018 Schedule

If you're interested in coming out as a guest, please feel free to email me and I'll put you in touch with the right people!
_lefraud_
AG
Not to hijack, but can we get this going in DFW?!?!
Obi Wan Ginobili
Just a 4 hour drive to join us....
mike_ags_fan12
Corpus needs this!
khaos288
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Not it
jgh85Ag
AG
If you have a GHIN, do you still have to establish with your group?
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
Obi Wan Ginobili
jgh85Ag said:

If you have a GHIN, do you still have to establish with your group?
Negative. The tournament director can enter you GHIN into the software he uses and you'll be good to go!
REMARCH11
AG
khaos288 said:

_lefraud_ said:

Not it
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Great idea though!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Would I have to pay extra to make sure I didn't get in your group?
Obi Wan Ginobili
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Would I have to pay extra to make sure I didn't get in your group?

Nah, you'll be grouped with the ladies since you hit from their tee box anyways.
AG
I'll take the extra 30-40 yards.
jgh85Ag
AG
When does the 2019 season start?
Obi Wan Ginobili
First tournament is the first week of February.

They added a few new courses this coming season and I believe they just finalized the schedule for the year. Once they send it to me I'll post it.

Y'all are more than welcome to join me as guests, as well. Good excuse to get an 8 am tee time on a Saturday and meet some new people.
Matsui
AG
The golf fellowship
AG
Even me?
AG
2019 schedule is posted on the website. Link in OP.
Tursiops93
AG
I'm very interested! First few tourneys wouldn't be possible due to prior plans, but will definitely look into this!
Obi Wan Ginobili
If anyone would like to be my guest at a tournament to see if you enjoy the group, shoot me an email.

obiwgt@gmail.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.