Anyone Golfed in Australia?

1,244 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HouAggie
bcanales05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm heading to Sydney in April and was curious what are some good courses to play?

Thanks
DannyDuberstein
AG
No. But I've heard below the equator, slice spin makes your ball hook, and hook spin makes your ball slice. After you go, let us know if that's true.
booradley
AG
I've played the Lakes which is really close to the Sydney airport and very good. They've hosted the Australian open a few times.
birdman
I'd bone up on my bunker play and get familiar with the metric system. That's all I've picked up watching various tournaments from Australia.
The Milkman
AG
birdman said:

I'd bone up on my bunker play and get familiar with the metric system. That's all I've picked up watching various tournaments from Australia.
Rough calculation is add 10% to all of their listed metric distances to get yardage
The Milkman
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

No. But I've heard below the equator, slice spin makes your ball hook, and hook spin makes your ball slice. After you go, let us know if that's true.
"Thats not a slice...THIS is a slice"
Pignorant
AG
New South Wales golf club is supposed to be awesome.

It's open to visitors on weekdays.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I still can't get past the fact you used "golf" as a verb.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/are-you-golfing-or-playing-golf-washington-post-readers-debate
LHIOB
AG
The Milkman said:

birdman said:

Rough calculation is add 10% to all of their listed metric distances to get yardage
I played with a guy one day from Sweden. He would do the math from yards to meters for every shot after I shot the yardage for him. He was mad that he left his range finder with meters at home that day.
Texmid
AG
LHIOB said:

The Milkman said:

birdman said:

I played with a guy one day from Sweden. He would do the math from yards to meters for every shot after I shot the yardage for him. He was mad that he left his range finder with meters at home that day.
Don't they all have a button to switch to meters? I know mine does.
birdman
My son fiddled with my range finder and got it set to meters. I didn't realize that it even had metric.

I air mailed 3 greens in a row before I figured it out.
98Ag99Grad
AG
courses look awesome on tv. Very windy. Would love to play there one day.
oldflyer
AG
Texmid said:

LHIOB said:

The Milkman said:

birdman said:

Don't they all have a button to switch to meters? I know mine does.
Simple....if it's 140 meters, add 14 to get yards. If it's 200 meters, add 20 and will give you 220 yards. It's not exact, but it's closer than most people can judge it.
HouAggie
AG
birdman said:

My son fiddled with my range finder and got it set to meters. I didn't realize that it even had metric.

I air mailed 3 greens in a row before I figured it out.

Shouldn't the opposite have occurred?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.