2018 Masters

2,992 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cheeky
mike1973
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Want to buy 4 tickets to Tuesday's practice round. email me mike at reatatx dot com
Mr.Bond
AG
I'm looking for 1 on Thursday. Had a buddy win 2 for Thursday and 3 of us want to go. I've been once in 2010 (free thanks to a great college buddies family). Looking at ebay is 1600-2k seriously the price? No way in hell my wife will approve that, 2 little ones soak up basically all our income lol.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Afraid so. Not that Friday and Saturday aren't almost as expensive, but Thursday is massively popular due to the ceremonial 1st tee shot. i think it's tyoically about the same as a Sunday ticket. Plus, the Thurs-Fri hold their value well because you are guaranteed to see the whole field. Even a Wednesday will run $1200-1300, and all you are really seeing isnthe par 3. Most arent doing anything on the regular course.
1990AG
AG
Live outside of Atlanta and have been several times. I'm often asked and the easy response to it every time is that Wednesday is the best day to go for the first timer or someone that doesn't get to go often. If I had the choice of one day forever, no question it would be Wednesday.

Old Town Ag
AG
I have 4 Monday tickets. Make me an offer that I can't refuse.
AustinCountyAg
$400?
Mr.Bond
AG
Still looking for one Thursday
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

BESCo91
AG
Not going to The Masters.

But I am going to the 2018 US Senior Open at The Broadmoor.

http://2018ussenioropen.com/
RigsTx
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Still looking for one Thursday

I just bit the bullet and bought tickets for Thursday through one of the Hospitality groups. It was an expensive ticket.

From everything I've heard/read, the prices will only go up and if/when Tiger announces he is playing that you could see an even bigger jump.
BarryProfit
I have been when tiger was playing and when he wasn't, didn't notice too much difference in price for badges. It's just always expensive.

Plus, does anyone really think tiger isn't playing? I'd guess current prices would reflect the assumption that he is.

Also JMHO - but Sunday was my favorite day even tho it gets pooped on by a lot of folks. There was a buzz in the air even at 7am that wasn't there the other rounds I've been. You miss out obviously in seeing every shot from every player but there's something really really cool about it as well.

Long story short, just go. It's expensive but worth it, one of the few things in life that you really look forward to and then when you get there it's even better than you expected.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think current prices are reflecting a Tiger effect. Past couple of years, pretty sure Monday passes could be had for $400. They seem to be fetching $600 for 2018. Have a friend that sold 2 Mondays for $600 each on stubhub, and they were only listed about 10 hours. All that and from what I understand from booradley, Tiger doesn't necessarily even do anything on Monday even when healthy. One of his stories is that he played 2 holes (maybe 10 then 9?), packed it in, and booradley got a lot of questions and comments from pissed off patrons.
RigsTx
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I think current prices are reflecting a Tiger effect. Past couple of years, pretty sure Monday passes could be had for $400. They seem to be fetching $600 for 2018. Have a friend that sold 2 Mondays for $600 each on stubhub, and they were only listed about 10 hours. All that and from what I understand from booradley, Tiger doesn't necessarily even do anything on Monday even when healthy. One of his stories is that he played 2 holes (maybe 10 then 9?), packed it in, and booradley got a lot of questions and comments from pissed off patrons.

I can agree with this, but at the same time this will be his first Masters since 2015. Add to that if he plays well in some of the tourneys leading up to the Masters, it could really drive prices. When I weighed all the variables, getting them now seemed worth it. Of course YMMV.
Old Town Ag
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

$400?
$550 each for the Texags Discount?

Note: See post above. Your cost on Stubhub would be $600 +10% fees.
booradley
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

All that and from what I understand from booradley, Tiger doesn't necessarily even do anything on Monday even when healthy. One of his stories is that he played 2 holes (maybe 10 then 9?), packed it in, and booradley got a lot of questions and comments from pissed off patrons.
Monday is the lightest day for play for sure. not all of the field will play, and some will only play 9 holes on Monday.

that said - its still a great day if that's when you're going.

the story you're referring to was a Monday when patrons had asked all day when tiger was playing...

we have no idea. there's no schedule. but I had heard from tony (head pro) that tiger would be out in the afternoon.

so the hours kept going by and people continued to ask. and waves of people would hear a rumor, then crowd the tee (#1)...

so finally about 5 pm, tiger comes out and heads to the 10 tee (which we had already closed).

thousands of people crowed the tee and were so excited that they would get to see tiger play...it was like everyone on the property ran to the 10th tee to see tiger...

so I opened the tee, tiger took a few swings, and piped one down the middle. place went nuts...

he played 10 (down the hill), then hopped over and played the 18th hole (back up the hill), and went in the club house...

and many patrons came back to me and complained that he only played 2 holes...

even thru all the scandal, and years of surgeries, etc, not playing... he's still the undisputed most popular player of all time.

Berlyman
AG
If you want to get rid of these I'm interested.

I got rained out last year on Wednesday (won lottery) and I'm itching to get back.
Old Town Ag
AG
Email?
Old Town Ag
AG
Berlyman said:

If you want to get rid of these I'm interested.

I got rained out last year on Wednesday (won lottery) and I'm itching to get back.

Email?
Berlyman
AG
Rmikulenka at gmail
hunterjr81
One day I plan to go if I can win the drawing lotto. Until then I am stuck at home watching it on tv on the weekend and streaming it online at work Thursday and Friday :-(

Of course, if someone has a spare ticket and wouldn't mind me tagging along I would go. Would even buy you dinner at McDonald's :-)

gigemJTH12
AG
anyone selling passes?
cheeky
AG
I've got four for Monday. Going with a client for the weekend so can't use these now.
cheeky
AG
Will sell four passes to Monday at $575 each.

Lowest price currently on Stubhub for 4 passes is $695 each + 20% fee for $834 each.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.