Played the Pipeliner's at Kingwood...Odd

1,261 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ezra Brooks
dahouse
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Played the Lake's course at the Pipeliner's tourney Monday. Super strange feeling out there. Course was good, but all the flooded houses were creepy. It felt like a zombie movie. No sounds or activity of any kind in any of the houses around the course. You could see the water/mud line on the windows.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
That sucks. Did it look like they haven't even BEGUN the process?

I tried to find a way in to that tournament but couldn't get enough clients to play. I should have posted here.
dc509
AG
I played Deerwood a few weeks ago, and the greens had propeller marks on them. It was kind of crazy to see.
07fta07
AG
I have a friend that lives on 17 green of the Lake. They are a couple months from moving back in but they jumped quick and had things moving from the day after the water receded.

That whole neighborhood flooded. It was crazy trying to get in there to clean up in the days after. That neighborhood (Barrington) is built up probably 8 feet from the course level and everyone had 2-3 feet in their house.
DOCAG79
AG
I belong to Deerwood and feel for all of the displaced homeowners in the area! I feel guilty playing knowing that many are struggling to rebuild.
Ezra Brooks
AG
I'm just a fitness member (3 kids and another on the way keep me off the golf course) but they've really worked hard to get club offerings going in the wake of the flood.

They sent us info this week on the plans for the fitness center and mentioned that they are in design/permitting for the main club house at both Kingwood and Deerwood.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.