Looking for recommendations on lessons in Dallas area

1,472 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Lt. Joe Bookman
tx.ag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am beginner skill level and totally self taught up to this point but play occasionally with coworkers and friends from time to time. Looking to get in to it more frequently and thinking a few lessons might be worth it.
Yesterday
AG
Joel Edwards at Las Colinas Country Club. Great down to earth teacher who does simple instructions. If you use him tell him Michael Meyer sent you.
bmcghee03
AG
I bought a lesson package from Scott Akers at Tenison and have thoroughly enjoyed it. He sharpened my short game up to where it's now the strongest point of my game with 3 really dependable shots and then lessons 2-4 have shown improvements on the swing. Granted, I was a tinker & patch guy for years so I have more issues to work out than someone who is brand new to the game. I imagine he'd do a great job for you.
aggiegolf86
AG
any other recommendations? I shoot mid to upper 70s. Was thinking about trying out someone at the hank haney center
dtdag
AG
I second Joel Edwards. He is loved around the club and is the teacher to numerous former professional athletes. If he's good enough for them, I'd say that speaks for itself.
kwammer
never been a fan of Haney...unless it has changed, they tend to try to teach the same swing to everyone.

Big fan of the Plane Truth guys out at Watters Creek. Director of Instruction is Kuchar's coach, but there are several reasonably priced guys there that are fantastic. I work with Joe Brown and has been great for my game
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
kwammer said:

never been a fan of Haney...unless it has changed, they tend to try to teach the same swing to everyone.

Big fan of the Plane Truth guys out at Watters Creek. Director of Instruction is Kuchar's coach, but there are several reasonably priced guys there that are fantastic. I work with Joe Brown and has been great for my game
What are their typical rates? I'm assuming they all use a trackman?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.