Pecan Lakes update

2,286 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Poot
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone play out there lately? I heard they overseeded for the winter and I was curious how the course is right now.

Also curious how the campus course compares to it. How is the pace of play at campus course on weekends?
Famous Shoes
AG
I played there last week, green had been over seeded but were not bad just a little slow. Had not been there in year and a half maybe, course was in much better condition, I'll be going back they have some, they have some nice deals on golf now too. I played during the week so I pretty much had it to myself. Campus is still my preferred course but its gettin better for sure. Great value for the money!
AustinCountyAg
Played this morning and enjoyed it like always. Pace of play was excellent and they greens were rolling very good. Like the poster said above they were overseeded and are looking good. I hope to get back in a month or so and they should be excellent.

In regards to my game it was the first time out for me in several months due to the twins we had born a couple weeks ago so I was very rusty. Had the dreaded shanks and it was in my head all day. Coming across the ball bad. Managed to shoot 12 over on the front mainly due to one big blow up hole. Shot a five over on the back so that made me feel a little better about my game. All in all **** golf.
KidDoc
AG
Played on Sunday and overall the course was in good shape for winter. Most of the greens were in excellent shape although a few were pretty patchy with some brown spots.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
Played today and of course most of it is still dormant grass but the greens were really pretty but also a bit slow, which probably helped my game. I don't know what they did but the greens are really amazing looking for early spring. One of the greens was in bad shape, a par 3 hole 13 or so. Other than that I was really impressed.

Now their ice machine is broken which is pretty annoying but not too bad since it isn't blazing hot yet.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cab559
AG
Overseed maybe?
Poot
cab559 said:

Overseed maybe?

This cab guy acts like he's a freaking greens keeper. Please, tell us more about chinch bugs and nitrogen.

I bet you're a real joy to play with.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.