best clubcorp course in Austin

3,961 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CapCity12thMan
The Grinder (99)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of you guys have suggestions on the best Club corp course to play in Austin. I will be in town for a wedding and was thinking of having some of the wedding party join me, but I have't played any. Everyone will be staying downtown but driving to the outskirts of town is fine.

from their webpage, I think these are the options:

Lost Creek
the Hills of Lakeway
River Place
Lakeway CC

tia
tavery58
I've only played Lost Creek and The Hills. They are both nice, but the Hills was better. Much more wide open. Lost Creek is neat in that it's down in a canyon, but several of the holes are very tight.
Zjones920
I haven't played any of those, but I've heard good things about Lakeway CC, I think they played the State Am there last year.
Hanrahan
AG
Hills. Lost creek distant second.
Yesterday
AG
Hills.
FincAggie06
AG
River place was one of the least enjoyable rounds of golf I've ever played.
DadAG10
That's a shame.

Played it 20 or so years ago and loved it.

Things change.
CapCity12thMan
AG
RP is bottom of that list for sure. Never played Lakeway or Lost Creek but my son has played Lost Creek and I wasn't impressed. Hills is good - you will enjoy it.

1208HawkTree
AG
When my brother was still a teaching pro, he used to play some Club Corp event there with a group of female members every year, and IIRC, he said that Lakeway CC is one of his favorite courses in the state (may have been the Hills, but I can clarify with him tomorrow unless he chimes in here first). He also said those little ladies could drink his ass under the table, so his memories of those trips might be a little fuzzy...
aggiebrother33
The Hills, hands down. I would honestly say if not my favorite is top 2 in the state. Awesome traditional layout, never gets boring and a heck of a challenge.
cmarkmat
AG
Barton Creek Lakeside. Hands down. Out 71 west. A 25 minute beautiful drive through the hill country. You won't be disappointed when you get there.
CapCity12thMan
AG

Quote:

The Hills, hands down. I would honestly say if not my favorite is top 2 in the state.

you need to venture out more
aggiebrother33
I've played a bunch of great courses, for some reason that layout pleases my eye.
Yesterday
AG
aggiebrother33 said:

I've played a bunch of great courses, for some reason that layout pleases my eye.

It's a fun scenic course. There are a couple clubcorp courses in Dallas that are better but none with the Hill country.
Blahhead
I am late, but I hope this can help someone else. Yaupon and Live Oak are good courses, but they aren't even on the same page as The Hills and Flintrock in prime shape -- I would say the same about Lost Creek.

I prefer the Hills, but a lot of people love Flintrock. The Hills isn't overseeded during the winter, so it depends on when you play it. When the grass is green, I play the Hills. In the winter, we'll spend more time at Flintrock. There are also times when Yaupon is in great shape, and I have a lot friends on the lower membership, so we play there every once in a while.

The Hills:

Flintrock:

Yaupon:

:Live Oak:

robdobyns
AG
I live in the Hills subdivision. The Hills is hands down the best.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Blahhead
robdobyns said:

I live in the Hills subdivision. The Hills is hands down the best.

Maybe we've played golf or cards. Do you make it to the men's locker room or play any golf?
CapCity12thMan
AG
my 10 year old just played an event at Live Oak the other weekend - greens were in superb shape
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.