Tiger is swinging clubs again

3,584 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 1208HawkTree
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agfan2013 said:

Watching y'all get excited about his swing comeback is like watching the football board get excited over the 5-0 starts the last 3 years a nice warmup in the Spring Game....
FIFY
watty
AG

Sooper Jeenyus
AG
I'm not overly optimistic about his comeback. But, it will absolutely be must-watch TV if he's in contention on Sunday with some these younger guys.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
If he can bring that swing to the course and stick with it he will play well, short game and putting will ultimately decide if he contends and has a chance to win.
Yesterday
AG
His problem lately has been keeping within his swing on the course. He'll be striping it on the range and then when things start getting weird on the course he tries to go back to the "balls to the wall" Tiger of 2001 swing.

If he can stay within that swing and get back to his stellar short game he can make some noise. He will never get back to being dominant even with his old game due to the depth of the PGA Tour but he can still win.
hunterjr81
TheGreatScott12 said:

LOL at all the people saying "he looks like hes scooping it... it just doesn't look like solid contact."

Right on...wish I could "scoop" it like that
1208HawkTree
AG
hunterjr81 said:

TheGreatScott12 said:

LOL at all the people saying "he looks like hes scooping it... it just doesn't look like solid contact."

Right on...wish I could "scoop" it like that

I will give you that it doesn't exactly look like a "scoop" per se, but he has not hit the ball consistently solid in years. It's the chicken vs. the egg... Did he start messing with his swing because of poor ballstriking, or is the poor ballstriking a result of the constant pursuit of the "perfect" swing? He needs to play golf instead of making a swing, IMO.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.