Course recommendations in the Fredericksburg area

863 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Maroonedinaustin
Maroonedinaustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm headed to Fredericksburg for a few days with work, and I'd like to squeeze in a round tomorrow. I'm coming from Georgetown so I can hit some courses on the way out.

What do you guys know/think about:
Vaaler Creek
Lighthouse Country Club
Buckhorn

I've played Lady Bird before and it's a decent course. I'd like to try something else, plus it irks me they charge 33% more if you don't live in Gillespie County.

Of course, if anyone with a membership at Boot Ranch wants to host I think I could make that work.

TIA
raidernarizona
Tapatio > Buckhorn imo and only 20 minutes further. Haven't played the other two but always hear great things about Vaaler Creek.
Ag_07
AG
Vaaler Creek is awesome
Maroonedinaustin
AG
What about all the rocks in Horseshoe Bay? Apple Rock, Summit Rock, Slick Rock, Ram Rock? Are any of these course available to non-members?

What about Escondido?

Not looking like I could get on these courses, and even if I could I don't think it would fit my budget.
fairviewcrew
I've played several of the "rock" courses... don't need to be a member for the ones I played (apple and ram I think)

You need a member to play at Escondido

Boot ranch in Fredericksburg is pretty lax on non-members playing but a member has to call it in for you to play
XpressAg09
AG
Legends on Lake LBJ isn't bad (Kingsland, Tx)
Betoisafurry
I really enjoyed buckhorn this summer when I was in the area on family vacation. Haven't played any of the others.
Flash02
If you play in kingsland lighthouse is the best to play. Really nice new design and condition. Legends is terrible shape. No money.
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Made a tee time at Vaalar. Tried to get on at Buckhorn but they have a tournament going on tomorrow.

Thanks for the information.
Flash02
Valaar is a hidden gem. Enjoy
752bro4
AG
Flash02 said:

Valaar is a hidden gem. Enjoy
Shhhhhhh, don't tell
Maroonedinaustin
AG
Valaar was great! The course was definitely a plan your next shot course. Shot 89 and I'ma 19.1 index. Front is tough. Shot 47-42. Would play again.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.