Fairway Wood Rec: M2, Epic, Other?

1,398 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Tony Franklins Other Shoe
Sooper Jeenyus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As implied, the bag overhaul is underway. I carry a 3w and 5w. Like the look of the M series. I've hit the epic off the deck. It will travel...

I'm not even sure how to go about selecting a FW. Not quite like choosing/getting fit for irons. Recommendations? FWIW, I purchased an M2 driver this year and have been fairly happy with it but not blown away.
UTex09
Check out the m2 tour. I usually don't hit FW but that thing is stupid long and I have found it easy to hit. I actually don't use it as much as I thought just because it's so long. I've hit it with a good bounce over 270 off the deck and I am not that long off the tee.
khaos288
AG
Go hit the tour edge cbx. It's sick long
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Nice. I'll check both out. Love reaching out with the 3w.

I actually use my 3 and 5 a fair about from the tee, also.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
917F? I play the 915F 3 and 5 wood and like them
Mr.Bond
AG
Some cobra haters on here (jj9000 talking to you) but the F7 fairway Woods are the absolute best FW I've hit in a long time. Solid sound off the face and as straight of a ball flight as I've ever hit. The adjustability in the shaft is awesome as well
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Nice part about demoing FWs, I have to imagine you can get a representative sample from more models than an iron.

What metrics should I look at (besides distance) when I'm sampling?
BigHitterDaLama
M1 tour.......love it
booradley
AG
my latest ensemble...

Driver - Ping g400
3W - PXG
5W - Ping g30
7W - Ping g30
23 degree hybrid - Titleist 816 H2
5 - PW = PXG
54 & 58 Vokey
TM Ghost spider

but it will change again next week...

wish I could rewind the clock for all those years I tried to hit 2, 3, 4 irons...
jj9000
AG
Sooper Jeenyus said:

Nice part about demoing FWs, I have to imagine you can get a representative sample from more models than an iron.
Agree with this.

Demo as many as you can, then buy based on your own criteria.

I've bought dozens of FW combos over the past few years, and I always go back to the OG RBZ Tour 3 wood and Tour 5 wood.

Bond...I don't hate Cobra...I just have an irrational dislike for Cobra (kind of like Nike gear).

jgh85Ag
AG
I have the Epic 3 wood, xhazardous shaft. I like it a lot. I was split between the Epic 5 wood and G400 2 hybrid. I hit both about the same distance so I went with g400. I also got the 4 hybrid.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
raidernarizona
GX-7 X-Metal!

Consistently as long as your driver and as accurate as your fairway metal!!!
jgh85Ag
AG
I know you are joking, but I played with a guy a few weeks ago that just got one. He had a lot of problems with it. I tried it once. That club sux.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
booradley said:

7W - Ping g30

wish I could rewind the clock for all those years I tried to hit 2, 3, 4 irons...
Ha, you just described me. Love my 7W.

They only reason I use a 4 iron is to punch out or pull balls out of snake potential areas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.