Steven's Park - Dallas

2,193 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dc509
CuriousAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Played this morning at Stephen's Park for my future brother in-laws groom outing...

Course is looking good and the greens are rolling nicely. Put up a 32/37- 69 for the first round with the FIL and won our group some money. Great day on the course! Hit'em straight this weekend ya'll.
Matsui
AG
Humblebrag out strong
CuriousAg
Hey I mean come on. I would say it is worth a humblebrag.
AggieC07
AG
Very short course but has some great views of downtown with some nice elevation changes.

The last few times I've played it, its been in pretty good shape. A bit of an odd layout to me but a fun change of pace course.
dc509
AG
Steven's is a really fun course. I really like that it has some actual elevation changes. Downtown views are also pretty cool.
AggieC07
AG
O yeah and square greens
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's a fun change-of-pace that was nice and handy when I was working downtown. Not a course I would play frequently, but good for a few times per year.
dallasiteinsa02
Do they still have that goofy two tier green on 18? I haven't played it in 20 years.
Brick Tamland
What's the typical green fee there?
FTAco07
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Do they still have that goofy two tier green on 18? I haven't played it in 20 years.

Yes, but it's not near as dumb as it used to be. They rebuilt the entire hole as part of the major renovation a few years ago.
dc509
AG
FTAco07 said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

Yes, but it's not near as dumb as it used to be. They rebuilt the entire hole as part of the major renovation a few years ago.
Never played it before it was renovated, but if you land below the shelf on that green you've got a ****ty putt coming up.
dallasiteinsa02
If you landed it on the top shelf and the hold was on the bottom, you literally couldn't put it down the hill without it going off the green and back down the hill. I guess that makes up for the fact that you could almost drive hole one.
CapCityAg89
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

If you landed it on the top shelf and the hold was on the bottom, you literally couldn't put it down the hill without it going off the green and back down the hill. I guess that makes up for the fact that you could almost drive hole one.

Isn't hole 1 400+?!

There is a drivable hole there but I don't think 1 is it.
AggieC07
AG
#2 is drivable
dallasiteinsa02
I remember it as the first hole but it may be 2.
TheGreatScott12
AG
Stevens is fun if you can stomach a 5 hour+ round. It's always packed every time I've played it. Anyone that enjoys Stevens should give Cedar Crest a try. The renovations they did out there have totally changed my opinion of that course.
AggieC07
AG
I second that, Cedar Crest is a bit of a hidden gem IMO. Probably more so because of where its located.
dc509
AG
I'm going to have to checkout Cedar Crest.
t - cam
AG
AggieC07 said:

#2 is drivable
#2, #3, #11, #13 are all drive-able depending on your distance.

2 is pretty hard to hit though as you have to hit a ridiculously high shot over the trees and up the hill and I have gotten pretty close to driving 18 but think that might have been from the whites.
Pignorant
AG
Think you mean #3
t - cam
AG
Pignorant said:

Think you mean #3
Correct. I've gotten it up near the green a few times but don't think I have ever actually ended on the surface.
AggieC07
AG
#2 is a straight par 4, there are a ditch and bunker to the right I believe - but straight away prob around 300 yards from the back tees.
dc509
AG
That's it. First time I played there I drove it. Haven't pulled that off since.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.