Augusta Pines / Gleannloch Pines Membership?

2,864 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiedent
Kdenhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone a member of these club(s)? Reviews? Feedback? Regrets?

Son is on school golf team and I'm looking at local options for the two of us to play a couple times a week.

Sooper Jeenyus
AG
I've seen Gleannloch get a lot of flack from this board but I always enjoy playing there. Only played AP once. Fairways were in pretty bad shape. Shame too, good layout. My golf buddies always say it was one of their favorites.
jja79
AG
I live in Gleannloch and play it maybe once a year. The course is pretty good, but the amount of play is very high so it can be slow.

My son played a STPGA Jr event at Augusta Pines this summer and I can't believe they charge to play there. Bryan Muni had better fairways than that. Maybe it's improved.
Mr.Bond
AG
AP is normally a very good course. Apparently they fired their greens keeper because he absolutely destroyed the fairways but lack of planning or something, Im not really sure. I think it will be back soon enough
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I know they use to play a senior tour even at ap a while ago so it has potential.
19AG84
AG
I was a member at AP until two years ago when we moved to BCS. The course was always in pretty good shape. I hate to hear that the fairways went to heck. They used to be really good. When that course is in good shape, it plays great. It is a wonderful track.
aggiedent
AG
I live in Gleannloch as well. The course is a decent layout and in good condition, but like the above poster, I might only play it once or twice a year. My group doesn't consider it good value for money. While it does get heavy play, it has better pace than Windrose and some of the other public courses in the area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.