X-golf

2,088 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BEaggie08
jgh85Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody tried this? Looks like they just started in San Antonio.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
Mr.Bond
AG
Details

Edit from little research it looks like a restaurant with a golf. Simulator? That's my power ball winning dream. If wife said no I'd just divorce her and take half the money to build it
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

DallasAggie89
AG
So it's a Dave and Busters?
Aggie369
AG
They had something similar in dallas...it went out of business

Putting on the simulator sucked apparently...it frustrated good golfers and it's too realistic if you suck which frustrated the bad golfers

Hopefully this is better cuz if it's legit i would pay money on any rainy day to go play
jgh85Ag
AG
Sorry, figured this was already in all the big cities. We are 20 years behind here in SA.

I had not heard of them until they showed up on the teeoff app.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
Mr.Bond
AG
putting on simulators is awful in my experience.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

ORAggieFan
I have a sim in my backyard. Putting is disabled.
caddy
I went to xgolf Saturday and thought it was a lot of fun. The simulator seemed very accurate and the putting was pretty realistic too. The beer prices weren't bad. I like this place better than top-golf and will definitely go back.
Quinn
AG
Aggie369 said:

Putting on the simulator sucked apparently...it frustrated good golfers and it's too realistic if you suck which frustrated the bad golfers

Hopefully this is better cuz if it's legit i would pay money on any rainy day to go play
Was it that place near Fair Park? I remember hearing about it before it opened, then never hearing about it again. Must not have been open very long if its the place I'm thinking about.
Hanrahan
AG
They had something like this in austin called the range I think. But it didn't last long. It opened before top golf and was actually right by the top golf location, so maybe that's what killed it. I never played on their sims I just went in once to check it out. It looked really nice but it didn't last long once too golf opened
aggolfer
AG
Quinn said:

Aggie369 said:

Was it that place near Fair Park? I remember hearing about it before it opened, then never hearing about it again. Must not have been open very long if its the place I'm thinking about.

It was in Grapevine. Called Texas Indoor Golf or something like that. Another one opened in McKinney a few years later but didn't last long either.
Quinn
AG
aggolfer said:

Quinn said:

Aggie369 said:

It was in Grapevine. Called Texas Indoor Golf or something like that. Another one opened in McKinney a few years later but didn't last long either.
http://www.dallasgoatranch.com/

This is the place I was thinking of - looks like it shut down.
Obi Wan Ginobili
I gave X golf a try. It was pretty fun. The staff was fantastic, and the technology was pretty easy to understand.

My only complaint is that the technology was having trouble with distances. I couldn't hit a driver or a 3 wood over 200 yards, but I could hit my sand wedge 145.

I actually found the putting to be pretty accurate.

It can get a little pricey, especially when you start in with the booze. Wife and I couldn't finish 18 holes in less than two hours.

I would go again, but I wouldn't wait in a line for it like I did at top golf when it first opened.
BEaggie08
AG
My neighbor (weekly golf buddy) and I played X Golf San Antonio yesterday morning from 9 - 11. We were headed out there thru the wind and rain and received a call from the owner letting us know they were indeed open if we wanted to brace the weather. We told him we were headed that way and he suggested we park on the 3rd level of the garage behind them to stay dry and have use of the covered breezeway.

We arrived about 10 minutes before they opened, but they unlocked the door and welcomed us in and got us started without hesitation. We hit about 10 balls each on the "range" and then played 18 at Pebble Beach. We got through that by about 10:30 and then had him set us up with a Par 3 course. We got through 12 holes of that. You can turn any course into a par 3, FYI.

Service was fantastic. Very friendly and attentive without being annoying. We each had a Bloody Mary, Kolaches, and a couple of waters while we played.

I really enjoyed it and will definitely be back, though I won't go that often, because it's a little far for me, and I still prefer real golf. I'll definitely look to play at x golf during inclement weather.

As for performance of the sim...I'll agree that the yardages were a little off for me. I typically have a lower ball flight . My buddy has a higher ball flight and the yardages were pretty close for him. Outside of distance, ball flight seemed to be pretty true. I found myself needing to take an extra club to club and a half once I got it figured out.

Putting was actually pretty damn good.

All in all, I left very impressed with the whole experience.

If it was closer to my home, I'd consider joining a league or buying a membership.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.