A Golfing Coincidence

1,118 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie_Eric98
Gladiator 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On May 29, 2015, I had the pleasure of attending the Byron Nelson tournament in Irving, TX. I usually would go in the middle of the week to avoid crowds while still catching some of my favorite golfers.

The conditions on the course that day were pretty bad. Rain had forced the round to be delayed by three hours, so I sat in my car waiting for the round to begin. The rain was so bad that hole 14 had to be shortened from a Par 4 to a 100 yard Par 3 because the fairway was in such bad shape.

However, after the delay, the round finally got underway and I got to see the players I intended to see. Who were those players in that grouping?

Brooks Koepka - 2017 U.S. Open Champion
Jordan Spieth - 2017 Open Championship winner
Justin Thomas - 2017 PGA Championship winner

I know, cool story bro.
hunterjr81
Pffft....I followed Jordan Spieth and his girlfriend :-) at the 2015 Shell Houston Open before he won the Masters the following week. Haven't followed him there since then as the crowds got to be too much in 2016 and 2017....Maybe he needs me to follow him again if he wants to win another Masters?
Gladiator 96
AG
I have had some luck in the last couple of years tracking Spieth's group at the Nelson.

2016 - Spieth, Dufner, Jimmy Walker (2016 PGA Champ)
2017 - Spieth (2017 Open Champ), Kuchar (2017 Open Runner-Up), Snedeker
Bunk Moreland
If you're at the Nelson, you don't follow any of the golfers. You follow the insane tail that is all over the 15th thru 18th hole galleries and the massive hospitality tent/party near the entrance.

But cool that you saw those guys.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Well I was by the putting green at the Byron Nelson. I saw this hot blonde and was trying to inconspicuously point her out to my buddy I was with. I "accidentally" bumped into her, it was Elin Nordegren.

I win.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.