Swing Drills

851 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by raidernarizona
jonj101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was reading Burke's book - "Its only a Game," and he mentions this kid who was hitting the ball really well. Burke approached his father and asked him how he taught his son to stripe it like that, and he told him he hammered two stakes in the ground and strung a rope between them so that it was three feet off the ground. He had his son setup 10 feet from the rope and hit 7 irons so that every shot had to fly under the rope. According to Burke this exercise forces you to get your weight to the left and your hands must lead the club head to the ball.

I'm going to attempt this at the range if we get dry weather this weekend. Anyone ever try this, or have any other go-to swing drills that you use to to help you with contact?
HouAggie
AG
I'm not saying it's bad advice, by any means, but I think it's worth keeping in mind how much equipment has changed since these old-timers learned and dominated the game. Keeping the ball down was very important to controlling your golf ball back in the day. Now, not so much.
raidernarizona
Any luck with the drill?

Here's a drill for solid contact. With a 7-iron and 3 tees. One tee 1/2" off the heel and one 1/2" off the toe. Place the 3rd tee 3 inches in front of the ball. Try and clip the tee in front of the ball after impact.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.