Bradley Putters Review

3,330 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Icecream_Ag
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bradley Putters

http://bradleyputters.com

Ok guys circling back to the thread I started back in the spring. Bradley Converse (owner of Bradley Putters) was nice enough to send me out a putter to review. Obviously unexpected but really cool of him.

I was sent a beautiful putter which arrived very quickly. Shipment notification on a Wednesday evening and arrived midday on a Friday down in Houston.

%5BURL=.html%5D%5BIMG%5D%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

First the box and packaging. Obviously very professional and safe packaging. Included was the putter, headcover, 4 ball markers and information sheet.

This putter is the Boondock style, center shafted made out of Box Elder. 34" shaft, 2.5 degrees of loft with a lie angle of 70 degrees and a weight of 367g. These putters are all custom made so everything is customizable. Grip is a gripmaster laced tour putter grip.

Ok down to the question at hand...how does it roll? Really well surprisingly. I must admit when I first laid eyes on Bradleys Putters I thought they were really cool looking but doubt it would be functional. Well I was wrong. From the first putt I could tell this putter wasn't just a block of wood.
The first thing you notice is the weight of it.

Inside are strategically placed weights to increase MOI which makes this putter actually really forgiving.

Next you can tell how balanced the head is.

The head just wants to stay on it's intended line. Get this thing lined up with a good stroke and it's going that direction.

Next how does it feel/feedback?
I compared the feel to my scottys. There is more of a clicky feeling in this putter. Think if you hit a baseball on the sweet spot of a wooden bat. It's closer to the feeing of Bertinelli Putters than the Cameron or Piretti's. It will be personal preference if you like the clicky feel vs something with damper feel but I actually liked it and found it had good feed back on speed and contact. The ball did come off softer than my Cameron's but the ball got rolling end over end quickly and stayed online.

So overall thoughts
First, very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship displayed in this putter. It's something I'd be proud to own and show off. Secondly, I'd put this in my bag tomorrow for my weekly game with my buddies and have them drool with envy. I'd feel confident in using it to get around the course and make some putts.
Lastly, would I put in in the bag tomorrow for a tournament? No, however, I found myself going back to it more on the putting green as I use it more. Put it this way, I've had it a couple of days and I'm considering gaming it in a mid-am qualifier over my Scotty Del Mar I've had for 3 years. It's not quite there...yet...but this is also an "off the rack" putter sent to me from Bradley. I think given the opportunity to build a custom putter from the ground up to my specific specs, it would go directly in my bag.

Final thoughts
There is a little novelty in these putters because they are more like a work of art than a putter, however, that fades away pretty quick as you realize that these can actually game pretty darn well and in my opinion roll just as well as any putter out there.

Disclaimer - I was not paid to write this review. It is my honest opinion of the item.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
That's pretty freakin sweet.
Matsui
AG
Nice! How much are those!
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Matsui said:

Nice! How much are those!

Looks like about $375 on their website
Mr.Bond
AG
Thanks for the review. Very interesting
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Thisguy1
I have to like what I'm looking down at and that putter is ugly as hell.

I don't get the thought process behind these.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Interesting conversation piece but xouldnt see myself using one. I already don't have trouble finding ways to blow $ on golf vs needing to find a new way to spend $400.
14TheRoad
AG
Not a big fan of the look. I think that's a putter you've got to put well with first before committing it to the bag. I think they would do well trying to make them in traditional shapes. Not that appealing as just a block of wood.

Good review
Wildcat
AG
Seconded on not being a fan of the look.

It reminds me of the organic soap bars my wife buys when she sneaks out to the farmers market.

Thisguy1
It looks like the putt-putt putter maker got creative with the rubber.
Icecream_Ag
S
You can build a custom one with some cool looks, but they are wood, so they are limited
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.