First Custom Set of Irons

5,764 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tandy miller
Aggie369
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And talked to my buddy who plays proffessionally and who's best friend is on pga tour....less than half of pro golfers play blades
jj9000
AG
I'm with you...and if they had you launching at 19.5* with an 8.5* Driver...something was off.

"Just tee it up 5"...and set up with your lead foot 2 feet behind the ball...we'll get you to 20* before you leave"
Aggie369
AG
Lol...he was like "that's a little high"...ya think?????
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
He indicate which models were most popular? I'd be curious to know.
Aggie369
AG
Some of yall arent going to like the 2nd part if this post.....

he knows his stuff and he owns his own trackman so he literally knows every thing about the differences between golf balls and clubs he hits when comparing things

Titleist blades tend to be played more because the guys don't like the ap2's much so they are holding out

"if you have a blade and player improvement club fit so they are both perfect, and swing it identical, same trackman numbers and dead center hit. They are gonna end up within feet of each other. Miss hit the blade by a dimple and the high moi club by a dimple, the high moi club ends up basically the same spot as the first two, where as the blade ends up a few yards short and a few more yards offline"
Mr. Nussbaum
AG
Play the most forgiving clubs your ego can handle.
Aggie369
AG
This
19AG84
AG
Mr. Nussbaum said:

Play the most forgiving clubs your ego can handle.
This is the exact statement my pro said yesterday. I am a 4 handicap, and was fitted yesterday for Titleist irons on a Trackman. I hit everything they had t offer. I ended up going with the AP3's. It was all about the quality of my misses. I have played both Titleist AP2's and Ping i's the past few years. The loft on the AP3's is about to degrees less per club, hence the distance is longer. What surprised me was the launch angle was the same as my Ping's and AP2's.

My pro was watching the fitting. He and the club fitter kept changing shafts, lies, etc. Whatever you decide, do not let you ego come into play.
Aggie369
AG
My fitting at Cool Clubs in DFW pointed me to the ugliest clubs I hit....callaway XR pros. By far the longest but I hit them too high as well. Messed with shafts until the height came down. I do not like the like look of them but my miss hits are worth it! Sometimes I'm surprised at how far I can hit the ball on a complete miss hit
Mr.Bond
AG
I hit the AP3 and Apexs and couldn't get past my. 6 iron going 200+ yards. That would require an entire bag change for me. But some guys really liked that distance
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

19AG84
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I hit the AP3 and Apexs and couldn't get past my. 6 iron going 200+ yards. That would require an entire bag change for me. But some guys really liked that distance
I get that, and if i could hit a 6 iron that far i would be worried. I am approaching 60 years old pretty fast. Swinging at 80% allows me to hit more greens and score that much better. I will see what the AP3's do for my handicap I want to play well. If these clubs do not help me than I spent a lot of money for nothing (but the really are shiny.....).
Mr.Bond
AG
Wishing you the best my friend
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

tandy miller
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Saw Trevor today for my first ever true Iron fitting. It went really well and I loved the results. Also in my humble opinion trackman kicks GC 2s ass as far as launch monitors go

Going to see him weds afternoon to have my new irons cut down and re-weighted.
FJB

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.