Ping G400

4,326 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 19AG84
REMARCH11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone hit it yet? Would like to know your thoughts. I have been hitting Ping drivers for the better part of the last decade and thought about a change until I hit this one. I'm torn between the G400 and the Epic SZ. Both are about equal in distance, though the mi****s with the Epic are a little better.

Let me know what your thoughts on the driver are.
_lefraud_
AG
Damn texags, censorship much?
Zjones920
I have not yet, but I'm hoping to get a chance soon. I'd really like to find a driver to replace my G25, but its hard to find something I get better results than what I'm playing. I'm debating if I should go get fit at a place like club champion just to see if there is a better shaft out there for me, because I think thats where the real difference will come from.
AustinCountyAg
I hit the new ping 3 wood the other day at golfgalaxy. I loved it. I thought about ordering it that day (for about five seconds). It was sweet and hit very well. For some reason I was able to hit it on the sweet spot 90% of the time on my thirty or so swings with it.
powerbelly
AG
I will probably pick one up used in 6-8 months. Really like what I saw.
khaos288
AG
I'll buy one used when I can afford that. I didn't like the Epic, but I've always had a sore spot for ping drivers.

Depends on if my ping g adapter will fit in it, because I love the shaft I have.
booradley
AG
I hit it this past weekend.

just my 2 cents, but from my view, it felt and performed EXACTLY like a G30.

which is a very good driver....
BEaggie08
AG
Good to know. I just upgraded to a G30 from an R11S last month. Obviously, I don't have a problem.
jja79
AG
Our club pro is a Ping fitter and was letting my son hit the G400 last Saturday. I'm going to have a hard time refraining from getting him fit for these irons and the driver. They are fantastic.
Aggie369
AG
My swing coach got a few in and had them on his trackman vs epic

G400 was just as long with a much tighter dispersion...much more forgiving

He had a guy today hit the epic and G400...the player is an average player with about 90mph clubhead speed with driver. G400 was just as long as his epic
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Hit the 3 wood yesterday
I literally said "wow" after I connected. Now I was inside golf galaxy on a track man but the feel coming off the face was amazing
I'll have to take one to the range to see the proof however
Zjones920
I would love to see Ping more demo days, but for some reason they just don't do very many in the metroplex and I don't know who's fault that is. Ping's, or the courses that rep Ping.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Zjones920 said:

I would love to see Ping more demo days, but for some reason they just don't do very many in the metroplex and I don't know who's fault that is. Ping's, or the courses that rep Ping.

Interesting...I just got an email from Grapevine Muni that had "Ping Fitting Days" in the subject line. But the body of the email was an aerification notice. You might call up there if interested.
Aggie369
AG
Just hit g400-- they did not have an LST in lefty for me to hit so i ended up hitting g400 8 degree. Not optimal but still better than my big bertha

-Overall longer than my current driver (avg 8 yards longer) LST model should give me a few more yards as well
-More accurate than current driver (LST should me help here as well)
-Mis hits are longer and straighter (my worst face strike on toe was 270) due to weighting and the thinner forged face
-i really liked the sound and feel of it

I'm going back next week to hopefully hit the LST in 9 degrees
oldschool87
AG
Zjones920 said:

I have not yet, but I'm hoping to get a chance soon. I'd really like to find a driver to replace my G25, but its hard to find something I get better results than what I'm playing. I'm debating if I should go get fit at a place like club champion just to see if there is a better shaft out there for me, because I think thats where the real difference will come from.

I have decided this is not possible!
Zjones920
If you check Ping's website they have 0 demo days in the area. I don't know why Grapevine wouldn't want it public, except to not get their range torn up.
Zjones920
I'd like to find something that gives me about 5-10 yards. I do believe there is something out there that is a high launch/low spin/low torque shaft. I hit the ball pretty low and I feel like when I swing trying to put the ball higher in the air to catch the wind I lose my accuracy because I hit a bigger slice than what I've got already. This is why I'm thinking someone at Club Champion could help.
AggieC07
AG
Hopefully, this will drop priced on the G, so I can at least upgrade my G30 and stay one generation behind.
Goose
AG
AggieC07 said:

Hopefully, this will drop priced on the G, so I can at least upgrade my G30 and stay one generation behind.
I'm good with 2 generations behind, but same here.
clintaggie04
AG
I have a G25 I'm about to sell if anyone wants it. 10.5 with stock stiff shaft. Great shape.
GenericAggie
AG
If you're in Dallas, see if Bo at Golftech has Ping.
andrago94
AG
Got fitted for a G400 yesterday. Was hitting it 15 yards further than Epic and M2. 20 yards further than my old G10. Got the SFT 10 degrees, set to 9 degrees.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
andrago94 said:

Got fitted for a G400 yesterday. Was hitting it 15 yards further than Epic and M2. 20 yards further than my old G10. Got the SFT 10 degrees, set to 9 degrees.
same shaft?
FincAggie06
AG
Personally, that seems a bit odd. The tech in club head design these days is so similar that the increases you're seeing lead me to believe it's something other than the actual club heads. Were you using the same shaft for each?
Mr.Bond
AG
andrago94 said:

I mean to each his own but........... I'm having a very difficult time understanding this.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Aggie369
AG
Epic, m2, g400 will all deliver about the same distance on center hits

G400 SHOULD be more forgiving....its most likely shaft or off center hits
Mr.Bond
AG
Aggie369 said:

Epic, m2, g400 will all deliver about the same distance on center hits

G400 SHOULD be more forgiving....its most likely shaft or off center hits

Agreed. Has to be shaft
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Chip Douglas
Anyone seen a G400 LST at any shops in Houston?
Aggie369
AG
Pga tour superstore has them to hit. Both in 8.5 and 10 degree loft and both right and left handed.

I ordered the 8.5 LST last week.... who knows how long it takes for a left handed one to ship
jja79
AG
My son hit it on the range with his coach yesterday and it's really long. He also hit the Epic. I'm no club expert but the G400 was longer and he controlled his ball flight much better.
Chip Douglas
I was fit into the LST 8.5 with Tour X shaft but didn't order after my fitting and figured I would wait until launch day. Now I can't find one anywhere and most lead times I see are mid October delivery. Might just have to bite the bullet and place the order.
Aggie369
AG
It's certainly not shorter than the epic but much more forgiving. I was carrying the ball about 12 yards further on miss hits with g400 compared to my old big bertha. I am slow to buy new equipment but this was an easy choice.
AggieC07
AG
I think the G400 LST actually has smaller/compact head compared to the regular and SFT models. I need to check it out, looks more traditional and appears Ping might be straying a little from the bigger is better mantra.
Aggie369
AG
445 cc I believe
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
I thought all of the G400 models were a sub-460 head.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.