Destin Golf Rec

1,576 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie_Eric98
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
any course that I absolutely need to play?
Zjones920
I played Ragatta Bay and Windswept Dunes when we were out there a few years ago. If I had to do it over again I would have played Windswept Dunes both days. I tipped it out there and it was a great test for me, I really liked the way they shaped all of the sand throughout the course there too. I wish I would have been more diligent taking pictures though.
Chip Douglas
I was there a few weeks ago and played Santa Rosa Beach Golf Club. Got a Golf Now hot deal for about $50 and was a great course for the price. Not too difficult but makes you hit all the shots. The course was very well manicured and the greens were in great shape, rolling true. I would play it again, even at a higher rate.
TresPuertas
AG
I've only played Regatta Bay, and I'll tell you that it's a great track, but if you are looking to play in late July or August, prepare to be completely miserable.

We played it in August last year and I barely made it through the round, and I play consistently through the summer here. The humidity is just brutal.

As a side note, one of the guys I regularly play with just played Santa Rosa, and he said it was nice, but nothing too special.

Either way, have fun and stay hydrated
claybot
AG
Camp Creek if you can get on
kwammer
Best course you can play in Destin is the Raven at Sandestin. Second is Regatta Bay or Kelly Plantation.
If you have an in to play Camp Creek(east of Destin in Watersound), it is a fantastic track.

Have to strongly disagree with Windswept Dunes. Not worth the drive, nor the cheaper green fees.
pantherag
AG
Kelly Plantation, Camp Creek, Regatta Bay in that order is my preference. I've played several courses in Sandestin, Santa Rosa CC and Panama City Beach.
Poot
Maybe I expected too much but Regatta and Kelly Plantation were underwhelming. It's all pretty expensive golf in Destin, but neither of them blew me away, espexially for the price. I preferred Raven to those 2 but it's not exactly a bargain either.

As far as bargain courses go (relative), I thought Emerald Bay was pretty good. A step up from Indian Bayou.

Have not played Santa Rosa or Windswept Dunes.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
We are going in 2 weeks and already have times at Regatta and Kelly, both about 8AM. I was lucky enough to be able to play Camp Creek before it went private.

I think the 2 rounds we booked were about $150 each.
Mr.Bond
AG
I'm in Sandestin now. Raven is one of my favorites for sure. Golfnow usually gets you at least a 30 percent discount. Burnt Pine is really nice too but you have certain windows you have to tee off in because it's mostly private. Kelly is nice as well

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

HouAggie
AG
Windswept Dunes gets my vote, if you're up for the drive. Really cool course and has to be the longest track I've ever played. Allowed me to use more of my bag than usual.

Kelly is ok, but nothing to get excited about.
mbyrd
I'm staying at my bosses beach house in August that is located about 25-mins. from Panama City Beach and 45-mins. from Destin. Any other course suggestions than what has already been mentioned? I'm leaning toward Kelly Plantation and Regatta Bay. Can I go wrong with either one?
kwammer
played both Raven and Regatta Bay again this week.
Raven is in much better shape that Regatta Bay right now. Add to that the fact that Regatta is 15 minutes further into Destin and we wished would have just played Raven twice.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
We play Regatta in 7 days, is it in poor shape? Enough to book a time somewhere else?
kwammer
not in poor shape at all. It's just that Raven was in fantastic shape and has always felt nicer overall.

Poot
I haven't played either recently but I agree that Raven > Regatta, at least in my experience.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
We only got through 12 holes at Regatta before monsoons hit. I did get to chat up Tommy Tuberville in the bar during the delay Monday.

Kelly was in good shape on Wednesday, greens not very fast though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.