Shortening the Driver Shaft

3,549 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by irish pete ag06
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
07fta07 said:

6 swingweight points is noticible
How do you even measure swing weight?
AggieC07
AG
I guess if shortening the shaft helps you hit it on the screws more, I would think maybe distance loss would be minimal.
irish pete ag06
AG
So... to update. I've received the shorter shaft and played a couple of rounds with it. The mi****s are way less than they used to be and I've noticed little to no distance loss. I still haven't received my weight to make the driver have a heavier feel, but I'm a fan of the shortened shaft so far.
irish pete ag06
AG
Update #2.

So... this has been just about the best golf equipment upgrade/change I've ever done. I am striping my driver. Before this... the driver was a club that I rarely pulled out of the bag... I would usually tee off with an iron. I had no confidence in it.

Now. I'm hitting fairways at double the clip I was before and my mis hits are far less worse.

I think I've gained distance on top of all of that just from making more consistent sweet spot contact. I've tracked around 15 drives since adding the shaft and my average distance is probably in the 290s. Including one 331 yard drive (from an elevated tee box).
irish pete ag06
AG
Forgot to add... in my round yesterday, I shot a +4, 76. It tied the lowest score of my life, but was on a harder course, so I'm going to say it was the best round of my life.

Most of the scoring was done because I was holding a sand wedge with not even a full swing many of the times after my drive. I eagled a par 5 because of a 300+ yard drive allowed me to reach in 2.

So long story short... SHORTEN YOUR DRIVER SHAFT!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.