PSA Augusta Pines

2,282 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie369
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you're thinking of playing there play Heron Lakes or Bryan Muni instead. My son played STPGA Junior Tour there today and it's the worst golf course I can imagine. Very little grass in the fairways, mostly bare dirt. Bunkers are completely unplayable.

They STPGA officials let the kids move the ball to a patch of grass in the fairway and lift balls in the bunker and rake to create a lie.

I can't believe the place is open and I can't believe they charge to play there.
Mr.Bond
AG
Hmm sad to hear. I play in an annual tournament there every end of July. And it's always pretty good
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

leachfan
Wow, was in good shape in late April
jja79
AG
My son went to play a practice round with some friends a week or so ago and told me the fairways were dead but since he's 14 I figured he was exaggerating, but he wasn't.

Sign in the pro shop says it's cart path only until further notice.

There's a lot of nut grass in areas which I think will choke out the bermuda.
Aggie369
AG
They over seeded the fairways this last winter i think....i heard everything was dead out there a couple days ago. I thought the guy was exaggerating as well.....guess not

I wonder if same guy/team takes care of gleannloch. Their greens have too much grass....they are rolling ok now but grainy and will get really slow soon
tlfw378
AG
Thanks for the heads up. I think I will go to Woodforest.
skippytimmy
AG
Ditto for tour 18 in flowermound
DannyDuberstein
AG
Overseeding just seems like asking for trouble. I don't mind a dormant; tight lie heavy course in winter.
Aggie369
AG
100% agree
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Overseeding is severely overrated. It ruins the best times to play golf in Texas, October/November and April/may.
jja79
AG
STPGA was at Gleannloch today. It's in good shape.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Troutslime said:

Overseeding is severely overrated. It ruins the best times to play golf in Texas, October/November and April/may.
Never played AP but I'm guessing it's bermuda. Why, in Houston, Texas, anyone would feel the need to over-seed that, I do not know.

Shame too. Traditions is my favorite of the courses in my rotation. I've heard AP is similar, if not better.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
jja79 said:

STPGA was at Gleannloch today. It's in good shape.
I've seen this board complain about Gleannloch a lot but I always enjoy it. TA gonna TA, I guess...
jja79
AG
I live in Gleannloch but am not a fan of the course, mostly due to heavy play and greens. Yesterday the greens were really slow but the fairways were really good for what I remember them being Compared to Augusta Pines on monday it was like playing Augusta National.

My biggest issue with Gleannloch is the traffic. When I left for work this morning there were 8 foursomes on number 1.
Aggie369
AG
Their greens are good when they cut them....ive played two days in a row and the pins were in the same spots
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.