Titleist 718 line introducing the AP3

2,772 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 07fta07
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.golfwrx.com/458684/spotted-titleist-718-mb-cb-ap2-t-mb-ap3-and-ap1-irons/

Not gonna lie the new AP2s look damn sexy imo

Titleists MBs are always sex on a stick as well
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

khaos288
AG
New clubs are so hard to get excited about. I won't be able to afford these for 3 years probably
07fta07
AG
Absolutely love the look, but I did not like the AP2 or CB when I got fitted earlier this year and I was pretty dead set on getting the AP2. Maybe in a few years when I'm due for new ones again...
TheGreatScott12
AG
I currently hit a combo set of 714 MBs and CBs. Love them.
Mr.Bond
AG
TheGreatScott12 said:

I currently hit a combo set of 714 MBs and CBs. Love them.

Same
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

t - cam
AG
Love the CB. Reminds me of DCI irons which was one of my all time favorite looks.
Mr. Nussbaum
AG
AP2 will be a little smaller and a couple of degrees stronger as they move toward the size of the CB. CB may be phased out next product cycle ('20). With higher swing speeds, some tour guys hit the AP2 too high, so they would bend them a couple of degrees stronger.
With AP2 moving toward the less forgiving side, it made room for the AP3, which is loosely based on the C16 prototype iron released last year. AP3 falls between the AP1 and AP2 on the forgiveness scale, AP1 being the most forgiving.
Mr.Bond
AG
Love the CBs. Sadly they're the forgotten child of the titleist brand. Would be sad to see them go but I would understand it

khaos288
AG
My guess is the ap1s are still max forgiveness cast. The ap3s are max forgivnesss forged. And the ap2s are a minor game improvement forged iron.
Yesterday
AG
The MB's are always sexy. I'm constantly torn between keeping my Ap2's or switching to MB's just for the look even though I love my AP2's.
Mr.Bond
AG
03ki11erAG said:

The MB's are always sexy. I'm constantly torn between keeping my Ap2's or switching to MB's just for the look even though I love my AP2's.

Go hit an MB first. I played AP2s for 6 years before I switched to the MBs. They are nothing alike feel wise (obviously) to me there is nothing in the golf world that feels better than striking a blade pure......while the opposite can be said when striking it poorly haha. I sometimes miss my AP2s but goodness I love looking down at that blade, super sexy

Yesterday
AG
Mr.Bond said:

03ki11erAG said:

Go hit an MB first. I played AP2s for 6 years before I switched to the MBs. They are nothing alike feel wise (obviously) to me there is nothing in the golf world that feels better than striking a blade pure......while the opposite can be said when striking it poorly haha. I sometimes miss my AP2s but goodness I love looking down at that blade, super sexy

Played them for about a year before switching to the AP2's. Thought about getting the 8-pw in MB but I love my AP2 716's so much I havent pulled the trigger.
Mr.Bond
AG
Gotcha. I have 7,8,9 in MBs and 5,6 in CBs

tandy miller
AG
the AP3's look super bulky
KC_Ag14
AG
I believe they're supposed to be a median between the AP1 & AP2 in regards to sole width. I could be wrong...
tandy miller
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

I believe they're supposed to be a median between the AP1 & AP2 in regards to sole width. I could be wrong...
Thats what i understood from the WRX article as well. The AP3's look bigger than the 1's though imo
14TheRoad
AG
Is it just me or are the AP2s getting uglier with each new model? Perhaps I'm biased because I'm still playing the 712s (best looking IMO). I was thinking that I would go to the 718s AP2s in the spring but I'm pretty disappointed with their appearance. Oh well, club testing will be fun.

I think I'd like the looks of the AP3 if they were slimmed down to AP2 size. AP3 should fit a nice middle ground between the other AP1 and 2
07fta07
AG
I'd look hard at the Mixuno JPX 900 Tour if you're playing AP2's and looking to switch.
Yesterday
AG
Eminus6 said:

Is it just me or are the AP2s getting uglier with each new model? Perhaps I'm biased because I'm still playing the 712s (best looking IMO). I was thinking that I would go to the 718s AP2s in the spring but I'm pretty disappointed with their appearance. Oh well, club testing will be fun.

I think I'd like the looks of the AP3 if they were slimmed down to AP2 size. AP3 should fit a nice middle ground between the other AP1 and 2
Yes, they're not as good looking as the 710-714 line, but I got over the 716 look real quick when I hit them. The top line is thinner as well which has kept me from switching to the MB's.
14TheRoad
AG
Quote:

In reply to Eminus6
I'd look hard at the Mixuno JPX 900 Tour if you're playing AP2's and looking to switch.

Yeah, I've had my eyes on this as well. My only experience with mizuno is with their T7 wedges, which I like better than vokes.

It will probably come down to the AP2s or jpx900 tour, not crazy about the looks of either so it should be a fair comparison.
07fta07
AG
I have the 900 tours and the T7 wedges. They're both great and I think both look great too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.