Spieth

6,169 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by _lefraud_
KC_Ag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Matters not to me that's he's a sip... as a golf fan, I root for Americans, especially native Texans, first and foremost. Clearly didn't have it today. Still worked up the magic to win. That's what the special ones do. 10 wins before 24 years old. For the next 20 years, we'll be witnessing probably the best professional golfer of this coming generation from a career standpoint, and I'm going to enjoy it.
12thmanfootball
AG
Removed Ag Tag for supporting a teasip. EOT.
tandy miller
AG
Hell of a shot!

https://instagr.am/p/BVx3raUDp0d
KC_Ag14
AG
Ok, get-off-my-lawn guy. Can't take this gold off my finger though. Have a nice evening.
07fta07
AG
Spieth is a whiney *****. I tried so hard to hate him early, but couldn't. Actually started liking him. Now I can't stand his whiney attitude. He whines and complains constantly. Justin Thomas isn't far behind.
Yesterday
AG
07fta07 said:

Spieth is a whiney *****. I tried so hard to hate him early, but couldn't. Actually started liking him. Now I can't stand his whiney attitude. He whines and complains constantly. Justin Thomas isn't far behind.

Having met and talked with the guy several times I think it would be safe to say that most would like him. He respects A&M and the old rivalry. He does wear his emotions on his sleeve though.
tandy miller
AG
Very well worked humblebrag
White Liberals=The Worst
I don't hate him for how much he whines and blames his caddy...I just want to open hand slap him sometimes. I think he's a stand up dude...just a whiny millennial. I bet his caddy wants to punch him at times.
tandy miller
AG
Only hate I have for spieth stems from jealousy. I mean dude has 10 PGA tour wins, a smokeshow of a gf, and almost as much money as the typical texagger.

I want his life
investorAg83
AG
He had just missed a bunker shot from the same location right before the playoff...had a feeling he'd hole that one out.

Hard to hate on the guy...by all accounts a good dude.
Yesterday
AG
tandy miller said:

Very well worked humblebrag
I'm not sure what you mean?
Bunk Moreland
My issues aren't with him, but rather the coverage of him. I'm weird like him too. I talk to myself so much on the course, good bad, odd, entertaining etc.

I don't fault him for that. I fault the networks for deciding that the most important feature on every round of golf he's entered in needs be hours of coverage dedicated to him talking to himself no matter where he is on the leader board.

I don't need to see 2 replays of him saying the same thing to himself, then follow him walk up the fairway talking to himself, then added discussion from the broadcast team acknowledging it.
98Ag99Grad
AG
At least the hair plugs finally took.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

At least the hair plugs finally took.

Such a TexAgs response. I love it.
07fta07
AG
It's getting Tiger-like and that was my biggest complaint about Tiger, especially at the end. I want to watch golf that matters, and if Spieth is 15 shots off the lead, I don't need to see his whole round.

The US Open was a prime example. Guys threw up some decent rounds Sunday to get near the lead at times and we saw 1-2 of their shots (Haas, Sneds, etc.), yet we followed Spieth all day to watch him lose by 15.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Spieth got after his caddy several times yesterday, and most of the time it wasn't his caddy's fault. Jordan couldn't make a putt outside of three feet to save his life on the back nine.

Jordan then missed a very makeable putt around hole 13/14. Missed it so bad, he needed to mark it and get a new read on the green. He walked up an addressed the ball without hesitation, and his caddy talked him off the ledge, telling him to step back, catch his breath, and start his process.

I don't know if it helps or hurts Spieth that he lets his emotions fly, but it's worth watching him torture himself if it means we get to see some of the shots he made yesterday.
agsalaska
AG
I like him. I can give myself a pretty good talking too on the course too. Don't fault him for that either.
98Ag99Grad
AG
agsalaska said:

I like him. I can give myself a pretty good talking too on the course too. Don't fault him for that either.
Same here. I don't have an issue with that. Little concerning his putting has become an issue now. Some of those short misses didn't even scare the hole yesterday.
jonj101
07fta07 said:

It's getting Tiger-like and that was my biggest complaint about Tiger, especially at the end. I want to watch golf that matters, and if Spieth is 15 shots off the lead, I don't need to see his whole round.

The US Open was a prime example. Guys threw up some decent rounds Sunday to get near the lead at times and we saw 1-2 of their shots (Haas, Sneds, etc.), yet we followed Spieth all day to watch him lose by 15.
This.

My two typical complaints for watching golf are:

1) They concentrate on "big names" at the expense of showing good golf. I'd rather see Sam Saunders or Chez Revie pull off an amazing shot versus watching Rory flip through his yardage book and hear some banter about his wedding or whatever. Not all golfers like to watch golf on tv, those of us who do want to see golf. Of course from the tv standpoint they probably want to focus on who is popular to connect with the everyday viewer - but those folks aren't watching a lot of golf anyway.

2) The commentary. Whether its talk of trains during a U.S. Open, or an attempt to be overly dramatic about shots that happened 30 years ago, a number of these guys in the booth are annoying and make the broadcast almost unwatchable. I think I read somewhere that when Tiger does watch golf he watches it on mute.

Maybe the networks want to build up a drama during a limited broadcast time to keep people watching, but I just want to see golf.
David_Puddy
AG
tandy miller said:

Only hate I have for spieth stems from jealousy. I mean dude has 10 PGA tour wins, a smokeshow of a gf, and almost as much money as the typical texagger.

I want his life

I wouldn't necessarily call his gf a "smokeshow." She's pretty average by PGA golfer standards....

Ricky's gf though is the textbook definition of a smokeshow....

tandy miller
AG
She's a smokeshow compared to the hoggs i poke
tandy miller
AG
Oh, and I'd take tori slater over stokke any day

But thats just like, my opinion, man

David_Puddy
AG
Both are a lot hotter than Speith's woman, that's for sure
tandy miller
AG
Slater > Stokke > Verret > Rosie O'Donnel > 90% of my hookups
David_Puddy
Unemployed
AG
God damn.
White Liberals=The Worst
I feel like this photo of "the hot pole vaulter chick" was going around back in the early 2000's...was it really just a few years ago and I'm thinking of something else? Was there another pole vaulting smoke show over a decade ago?

One of the most beautiful women on the planet if you ask me. Well freakin done Rickie you flat billed sumbich.
White Liberals=The Worst
agsalaska said:

I think I'd be able to relate to him more if he constantly called himself a homosexual and said insanely vile things about himself in a harsh tone. Kind of like Patrick Reed below...this still makes me lol bc it sounds so familiar...

Ag_07
AG
I like the turn this thread has taken
Yesterday
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

agsalaska said:

I think I'd be able to relate to him more if he constantly called himself a homosexual and said insanely vile things about himself in a harsh tone. Kind of like Patrick Reed below...this still makes me lol bc it sounds so familiar...

I've given myself that pep talk numerous times.
Wildcat
AG
Is it wrong that I laughed at that?

BESCo91
AG
Ag_07 said:

I like the turn this thread has taken

?itok=7VLjJgAc

?w=1000
TxAggies12
Meh. Media is trying to hard to prop him up as the next Tiger when it's pretty obvious he's not. They try way to hard to make him seem like something he's not. Desperate for viewers
jja79
AG
Isn't it just Spieth, Eldrick and Nicklaus with 10 PGA Tour wins before age 24?
Yesterday
AG
jja79 said:

Isn't it just Spieth, Eldrick and Nicklaus with 10 PGA Tour wins before age 24?

That, 2 majors and tied with Tigee for the lowest overall score at the Masters. He's still no Tiger, but I get the infatuation. Every sport needs a hero. Between him, Rory, Ricky and Dustin, they have their go to man.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.