Golf Club at Star Ranch

669 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by stick93
More Cowbell!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably too late to ask for opinions considering I'm booked, but headed up with a group tomorrow and wanting some feedback for anybody who has played. Looks fairly nice.

Anybody have any input?
White Liberals=The Worst
More Cowbell! said:

Probably too late to ask for opinions considering I'm booked, but headed up with a group tomorrow and wanting some feedback for anybody who has played. Looks fairly nice.

Anybody have any input?
Haven't played it in 2 years or so but I am a fan. Always been in great shape for me and never played too slow. Fun, pretty course, and not too punishing.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Fun course. Pretty wide open so grip it and rip it. Play from the blues at least... whites are really short.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I really liked the course even though we were playing a scramble. Would definitely be back if I lived in the area.

Star Ranch
stick93
AG
I probably play there 35-40 times a year. It's a good course that is always in good shape. Wind always plays a factor. But if your driver is behaving you will have a chance at a great score because the fairways are wide and usually run fast so you'll get some rollout. It really only has teeth from 2-5 and 16-17 as those are where you will typically be playing into the wind. 8-13 are where you should score best. Take one extra club on 15. It only plays about 100 from the blues but you can't feel the prevailing wind on the tee and it slopes from back left to front right so it is very easy to come up short.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.