TT XP95

1,113 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by suprafly03
mt3950
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any experience gaming these shafts? I just got fitted for a new set of irons and the numbers I got with these were crazy. I've never played them begore and was just curious what you guys that have played them thought. Tia.
stick93
AG
I bought a set of Mizuno JPX850 forged when Golfsmith was going out of business. Got them dirt cheap and the plan was to flip them. But those irons with the xp95 shafts were just too good to not put in my bag. Long story short, if the numbers put you in those shafts go for it. I don't think you will be disappointed.
AgDotCom
I'm pretty sure the XP95 is the next, similar iteration of the GS95. I goofed around and tried the latter in some older irons about 5-6 years ago and was impressed. Easy to swing, felt almost like graphite, high flight and got great carry out of those irons without too much spin or the wind affecting them too much for a high launch shaft.

I play Nippon 1150s right now, a mid weight, mid launch shaft which I like and which fit me well. But later on down the line when age becomes more of a factor, I'll probably go with the XP95 or equivalent. I think you can probably hit almost any iron well with this shaft, even some modern blades. The forgiveness is in the shaft, and lightweight is the way to go for a lot of people.
mt3950
AG
Good to know. I'm making the move from kbs tour c tapers to these. Long story short, I had an accident a couple of years ago and broke by pelvis and lower back. Can't play the c tapers any more. Back won't let me. Excited to try these.
suprafly03
AG
I have these mated to a set of Ping G's...I too love them.

The numbers were far better with these than the other shafts we tried.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.