Peter Miller, Polo, etc

3,512 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by _lefraud_
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have any good suggestions on where to buy nice polo's on sale? I'm cleaning out the closet and trying to get some new polo shirts for work and golf, however I will not pay $80 a piece for one like most retail for.

I really like Peter Miller, Ralph Lauren, Travis Mathew. Stuff that is good performance fabric material and can be worn to the office
ORAggieFan
I've gotten some nice Travis Mathews deals at 6pm.com. Owned by Zappos/Amazon.

I get Puma and a few other brands on Amazon. Just search for golf and see what's at a good price. Every color/size combo can be a different price with Amazon.

I'd also look at Linksoul. Founder of Ashworth started it. Make some great stuff for the office/golf combo you mentioned.
KC_Ag14
AG
Afraid the brands you're looking for are rarely, if ever, "on sale." Peter Millar, Ralph Lauren, etc are premium brands, just like Titleist; meaning the only way to buy them cheaper is to buy them used. Would be surprised if anyone has a good outlet for what you're looking for, but would also be very interested.. ha.

That said, rock bottom golf does have some good deals on some nice work/golf combo polo by Cutter & Buck and even Columbia is starting to make some good looking and feeling golf polos. They even have Brooks Brothers golf polos and button downs marked down on there. Worth a look IMO.
BigHitterDaLama
If you don't wanna shop on line, then:

Tons of Peter Millar and RLX Polo at Marshall's and TJ Maxx. You just have to maybe hit a few. Those shirts will run 29-39 a piece there.

Nordstrom Rack typically stocks TM gear at around 39 a shirt.

Ross, tons of nike stuff.....ranging from 17 to 29 a shirt.
David_Puddy
AG
Yea, I've gotten several nice TM shirts off of Nordstrom Rack's website for around $40-45. There is also eBay but make sure you're buying from someone with a high rating.
powerbelly
AG
Neiman Marcus last call has peter millar in clearance fairly regularly
proudaggie02
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Afraid the brands you're looking for are rarely, if ever, "on sale." Peter Millar, Ralph Lauren, etc are premium brands, just like Titleist; meaning the only way to buy them cheaper is to buy them used. Would be surprised if anyone has a good outlet for what you're looking for, but would also be very interested.. ha.
Pretty easy to get $30-40 shirts at the outlet stores for Polo, Nike, Adidas. Nordstrom Rack usually has a decent selection for $30-50. I'm buying prizes for a large golf tournament, and I got a really nice selection of Travis Mathew, Nike, Puma, and FootJoy for $28/shirt from a local store (Colorado Ski n Sports).

There's a Dillard's Outlet less than an hour from me (in Colorado Springs) that had a great selection of golf shirts the only time I went. I got 7-8 golf shirts for like $125, and all but 1-2 were Polo Golf.
Hanrahan
AG
Found some great Travis Mathew shirts and shorts on Nordstrom rack for dirt cheap. Have to be patient though.
AustinCountyAg
Was in the big city today and stopped at a tjmaxx. Ended up finding a linksoul shirt in clearance for $17.

They had a lot of Polo shirts but nothing worth spending money on. Just oversized b**** cotton ones
The Lost
Oakley has some nice stuff, their basic ones fit what you're mentioning. They have some more expensive ones that get kinda out there/can be fun too.
BigHitterDaLama
Big thumbs up for Linksoul.....
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I would just make sure you try everything on. Some of these shirts at TJ max or Nordstrom rack and the line vary wildly by size
sweet greggo
AG
eBay. Seriously lots of new legit Peter Millar, polo rlx, etc shirts for much less than retail.
AustinCountyAg
sweet greggo said:

eBay. Seriously lots of new legit Peter Millar, polo rlx, etc shirts for much less than retail.

Links?
SteveG
AG
Do yourself a favor and do not buy new clothes on eBay. Fakes everywhere.
Ag_07
AG
The Marshalls at Bunker Hill and I-10 has a ton of Polo performance line shirts. They're essentially just a Polo shirts but the really lightweight polyester.

The Polo tag says $98 but they were marked down to $34.99. I stocked up big time
AustinCountyAg
Ag_07 said:

The Marshalls at Bunker Hill and I-10 has a ton of Polo performance line shirts. They're essentially just a Polo shirts but the really lightweight polyester.

The Polo tag says $98 but they were marked down to $34.99. I stocked up big time
i actually just bought two of them a couple hours ago at a tj max while visiting family near austin
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Ag_07 said:

Bought 3 of them at a Marshalls in Chicago. Love them. The Marshalls in Fort Worth had some as well.
_lefraud_
AG
Stopped by Golf Galaxy (old Golfsmith) in Arlington today and picked up some Travis Mathew polos for as low as $30.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.