Tournament player range balls.

1,234 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jj9000
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't remember if it's just for majors or every tournament but I remember seeing in last year's US Open that each player had their specific brand balls for range sessions. What do they do with those things post tournament? Sell as reloads? Are they marked as practice? Or is that where JJ gets all those pro vs?
CashinOut
AG
They're marked practice already. However, if you volunteer at the tournament and get lucky to be at the range and sort the balls, the ones that aren't marked range go in to your pocket.
Matsui
AG
They are probably donated or some such or resold as practice balls.
EOE
If you work two or more shifts at the range during the Nelson, you can take a merchandise bag of balls home. It provides my balls for the year. You cannot pick titleist. They take their balls back after every tournament. Not sure what they do with them. The other brands are donated to First Tee of Dallas. Each tourney gets brand new balls each week.
jgh85Ag
AG
In San Antonio for the Texas Open, they are donated to the first tee program at the polo field driving range and sold for about $20-25 per dozen depending on how many you buy.

I guess that explains why I didn't find many Titleists in the bin.
LRB38
S
CashinOut said:

They're marked practice already. However, if you volunteer at the tournament and get lucky to be at the range and sort the balls, the ones that aren't marked range go in to your pocket.
You know... I've heard the same thing. Would be awesome if you could be that guy snagging some tour balls.
jj9000
AG
LRB38 said:

CashinOut said:

You know... I've heard the same thing. Would be awesome if you could be that guy snagging some tour balls.
Indeed, it would.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.