SHO to Memorial Park?

2,642 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mr.Bond
shakenbake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know it's been discussed a bunch on here but is this really happening? Is that what all the utility/parking work is bring done around Memorial Park right now for? Anyone have a credible source other than "heard it from my buddy"?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Oh it's happening alright.
-S. Turner
Ag81Golf
Credible source other than "heard it from a buddy"? Well I heard it from an "anonymous source" AND a "senior official". So there you go.
Ag CPA
AG
This rumor was around over 20 years ago when the tournament was still at TPC Woodlands. Houston has wanted to get the tournament back inside the loop forever but then realizes that Memorial is not the answer.
mosesrab90
AG
The bigger issue for the Houston Open is they still don't have a title sponsor. Shell is gone; and they've asked nearly everyone in town.
Mr.Bond
AG
I have no doubt they'll land a sponsor assuming it stays at a premier venue. If it goes to the **** hole in memorial Park..... Maybe Becks Prime can sponsor it. Thinking about the potential demise of this tournament saddens me. We will go from one of the best non major fields to an absolute after thought ala Puerto Rico open
Ag_07
AG
Tillman will step in rename it the Lake Chuck Open and move it to his course at the Golden Nugget.
Famous Shoes
AG
Icecream_Ag
S
Mr.Bond said:

I have no doubt they'll land a sponsor assuming it stays at a premier venue. If it goes to the **** hole in memorial Park..... Maybe Becks Prime can sponsor it. Thinking about the potential demise of this tournament saddens me. We will go from one of the best non major fields to an absolute after thought ala Puerto Rico open
if it goes to Memorial, maybe we can pool together $100 and have it called the TexAgs Golf Board Houston Open
98Ag99Grad
AG
Well looks like back to GC of Houston at least for next year. No word on sponsor yet.

07fta07
AG
It will be at GCOH for 2018 and they're nowhere near a sponsor. They have the finances to run the tournament for 1 year without a sponsor, then they're screwed if they don't find one.
jonj101
Bumping to ask - does anyone know the actual price tag to sponsor this event?
texican08
AG
About Treefitty
07fta07
AG
$10MM
Flexbone
Why is it so hard to find a sponsor?
Lonestarandi
AG
We haven't had many weeks these past few years without a head line reading company xyz lays of ### employees.
07fta07
AG
No one has $10MM they want to throw down, especially not knowing where the tournament is going after 2018.
And HGA doesn't have the smartest collection of people running the show.
jgh85Ag
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

Mr.Bond said:

if it goes to Memorial, maybe we can pool together $100 and have it called the TexAgs Golf Board Houston Open

60% of the field would be no shows.
The Milkman
AG
Patrick Reed would be there I'm sure. He plays everything
Icecream_Ag
S
jgh85Ag said:

Icecream_Ag said:

Mr.Bond said:

touche
Mr.Bond
AG
jgh85Ag said:

Icecream_Ag said:

Mr.Bond said:

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.