Is there a Fix?

1,290 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
CTGilley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am playing terrible off the tee. Long story short I am not finishing my swing. I take a perfect practice swing, but when I get over the ball I lose my mind and end up slicing it. I do it from time to time from the fairway but primarily with my longer clubs.

It is not always the same sometimes I lose tempo in my back swing but primarily I end up rotating my shoulder parallel to the ground and not down the target line. (If that makes sense)

In short I know what I am doing wrong and how to fix it mechanically but how do I fix it mentally?
UTex09
I usually tell myself how big of a ****ing piece of **** I am after a bad shot and that gets my mental game right.
Ag_07
AG
Try opening your front foot to maybe a 45 degree angle. Keep the back foot perpendicular to your line but just turn that front open a bit.

That helps me clear my hips and turn all the way through the ball. One of the many small tweaks that helped get rid of my slice.
jj9000
AG
Answer = Buy a new Driver
CTGilley
AG
jj9000 said:

Answer = Buy a new Driver
I tried but I am too much of a tight ass. This all started when my old POS split. I am looking for one of the ones with a light head that everyone hates on the sale rack. Maybe I will forget it is there and swing through.
Yesterday
AG
Hit five drives in a row at about 50% just to get your technique where you want it. Then hit ten drives at 70% while trying to hit 7/10 fairways(pick out a fairway boundary at the range.). Don't pull your driver out of the bag until you can hit 7/10 on the range.

This will help you improve technique and put a little pressure on you at the range which will help on the course. Good luck!
CTGilley
AG
I more or less did this today in the living room on the opti shot then went out side and hit the fairway three times in a row. Still a little bit of a pull fade but much straighter.
gravy97
AG
Swing harder
cjsag94
AG
When I do what you are describing, I find is because the ball is to far back in my stance, and/or my stance is closed. Weight shift gets bogged down and everything collapses from there.
Icecream_Ag
S
As someone with the same problem, loosen your grip helps as well.
Wife is an Aggie
CTGilley said:

but how do I fix it mentally?

Take two weeks off, then quit.
REMARCH11
AG
Hey Bro, just sent you a long PM. Let me know if it helps.
LHIOB
AG
To quote Crash Davis, "Dont think, just throw"
DannyDuberstein
AG
which way are your elbows pointing?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.