*******Texas A&M NCAA Tourney Thread**********

4,572 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HKAg
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hmmm, maybe my first "game thread". Anyway, the Ags are out here in the chilly, overcast, pacific northwest. They're playing at Aldarra Golf Club in Sammamish, WA - east of Seattle. After day 1, they're inside the top 5 (to advance to the championship round) T-4 at +3. That's 3 strokes ahead of 6th.

1 Florida State -6
2 Southern California -4
3 Alabama -1
T4 Kent State +3
T4 Texas A&M University +3

http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=12874

A couple nice things: Phillips and Champ were a combined +1 - they won't play 3 rounds like that. Also Paysse was -2 even after giving a couple back on the last three holes.

I'm guessing +7 gets to Rich Harvest Farms, the host for the championship round (Illinois).
HKAg
AG
Did you go to the tournament today, Cap?
CrockerAg98
AG
Any cost for admission?
HKAg
AG
There's no fee. Parking is free as well. But I was trying to get a feel for how long the tourney goes each day, as well as the tournament format. We're looking at going Wednesday morning, but I wanted to make sure that there's no possibility the Ags would be eliminated by then.

http://www.gohuskies.com/signingday/index.aspx?id=21&gamedaypath=men-s-golf
_lefraud_
AG
Good start. I saw where Champ made it though local qualifying for the Open last week.
CapCityAg89
AG
HKAg said:

Did you go to the tournament today, Cap?

No. Work day today and travel the next two.

The Ags should be in it to the end. Especially if the two studs get it going.
HKAg
AG
Cool. We'll go Wednesday and post a report. We're in Snoqualmie, so we're close by.
EKG1996
CapCityAg89
AG
HKAg said:

Cool. We'll go Wednesday and post a report. We're in Snoqualmie, so we're close by.

Do you play? Druids Glenn would be half way? I'm in Browns Point - on the Bay due west of Auburn.
Mr.Bond
AG
Without doing an research, this makes 2 straight years that the tourney is in the Pacific Northwest. Where is it traditionally?
Robert C. Christian
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Without doing an research, this makes 2 straight years that the tourney is in the Pacific Northwest. Where is it traditionally?
Here is the list of course for the last few years:

2009 (Ag Championship)
Toledo, OH
Inverness Club
Ooltewah, TN
Honors Course
Stillwater, OK
Karsten Creek Golf Course
Pacific Palisades, CA
Riviera Country Club
Atlanta, GA
Capital City Club
Hutchinson, KS
Prairie Dunes Country Club
Bradenton, FL
The Concession Golf Club
Eugene, OR
Eugene Country Club
Quinn
AG
Mr.Bond said:

The Championship round is in Illinois, not the PacNW.

http://www.richharvestfarms.com/tournaments/2017-ncaa-national-golf-championships/

Edit: Or did you mean Regionals? I don't remember where we went for Regionals last year.
Mr.Bond
AG
Appreciate the information
CapCityAg89
AG
Side note: 90 minute delay today for rain but may get worse in the afternoon. Another note: there was some snow last night in the pass just east of the course. I love the PNW in the summer but it SUCKS BALLS right now.
mullokmotx
AG
We were in Albuquerque last year where in a playoff hole one SDSU guy had a double eagle and another had an eagle.
CapCityAg89
AG
mullokmotx said:

We were in Albuquerque last year where in a playoff hole one SDSU guy had a double eagle and another had an eagle.

Yep. That sucked.
HKAg
AG
Well, I'm not sure what I've been playing lately can be called, "golf." That's an insult to golfers everywhere!

But yes, I go whack that little f---ing ball around from time to time. I've played Druids a few times. It probably needs to dry out a bit before it's playable. That place can be a swamp.
Aggie1391
Nvm
Codeno
AG
Yikes. They tanked today (+12) and finished 7th.
mullokmotx
AG
Looks like 5 teams have not finished round 2. Right now we are 5 shots out of 5th place.
CapCityAg89
AG
Very difficult day. Gave up like 4-5 strokes in the last three holes. Need under par tomorrow I think.
HKAg
AG
BTW, Auburn muni might be better right now (if looking at halfway in between courses). Let me know if you'd like to play.
Chomp214
AG
Gotta get at least some help from Smith or Erickson at the bottom of the lineup. This is likely where the difference will be in getting to at least #6 and advancing. Go Ags.
mullokmotx
AG
Only the top 5 advance in the men's regional. Looks like the second round was completed yesterday. We are 3 shots behind Alabama who is in fifth. Third round tees off at 9:30 our time.
CapCity12thMan
AG
Bama and A&M both had pretty bad days yesterday, so hopefully we make up that lost ground. I think the Ags need a sub-284 day to advance.
CapCity12thMan
AG
...and double bogey to start the day. Erickson's front nine scores are pretty bad - he gets settled on his back nine though, but he needs < 73 today.

http://scoring.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/team/_team_summary.cfm?tid=12874&ttid=4
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Erickson bounces back with a birdie
Aggie_Eric98
AG
a triple on #11 for Brandon Smith
Mr.Bond
AG
Jesus how difficult is this course or the conditions
CapCity12thMan
AG
Erickson now -2 on the day
mullokmotx
AG
it's a little hard to gage how we are doing because we played the back 9 first while the teams in the top 6 places played the front nine first.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
not looking great at the moment. 7 shots out of 5th, with Washington only 5 shots out. Penn State will need a few bogeys and we need to make a run to advance.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I dont see this happening unless we just start raining putts AND get some help.
Mr.Bond
AG
Frustrating that our golf program has become quite stagnant
jja79
AG
I really thought this was a team that might make some noise.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.