Vaaler Creek

2 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 93MarineHorn
brettag00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would highly suggest this track in little ol' Blanco, TX. I play it about 2-3 times a month and it's a premier course. Great conditions, greens are superb, great Hill Country scenery and challenging holes. BTW, shot a 39 on the back today .
jgh85Ag
AG
Cost?
_lefraud_
AG
Think it was $50 something about a month ago. Fun, beautiful track.
Ag_07
AG
Played it last summer and it I agree it's a nice course and a absolutely great value.
fcag11
We usually stop and play there on the way to HSB. Always in great shape, carts have gps, definitely a hidden gem.
93MarineHorn
I've played it a few times and always been in good shape. Clubhouse is lacking in terms of food. You should bring a snack or eat a big meal before you play.
jagged
AG
Stayed there for a wedding and played there the morning of. It was great.
_lefraud_
AG
93MarineHorn said:

I've played it a few times and always been in good shape. Clubhouse is lacking in terms of food. You should bring a snack or eat a big meal before you play.

They have hamburgers, hotdogs, hot sandwiches, chips, crackers, candybars, etc.
AustinCountyAg
_lefraud_ said:

93MarineHorn said:

No lobster? Steak? Fettuccini?.... what a trash course
classof08
AG
I can attest to that. I played it about a month ago and the greens were perfect. Beautiful course.
AgsMyDude
AG
I live in Bulverde and have been meaning to get out there, glad to hear it's in great shape.
terradactylexpress
Complete hidden gem.

Stop telling people about it
AustinCountyAg
Easing this thread makes me think of the falls.
clintaggie04
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Did The Falls officially close?
AustinCountyAg
clintaggie04 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Did The Falls officially close?

More less yes. The back nine is open to play for residents but they only mow it maybe once a week and they don't water it.... word is they are close to having a buyer of the course to fix it up and reopen for public play sometime this yr???
clintaggie04
AG
Man that's a shame. I used to play with a group of about 20 guys in my hometown every Saturday and Sunday. Once or twice a year we would do a three or four day trip somewhere in Texas and The Falls was in the rotation. You could rent those duplex things right by the clubhouse for super cheap and they didn't charge us for replay, which was awesome because we always played our own ball in the morning and then scrambled in the afternoon. I can't tell you how many times we were at a "nicer" course on one of those trips and someone would make the comment "Yeah, this place is nicer but the greens are better at The Falls."
Cowboy Curtis
AG
I live in Dripping Springs and play here often. Great course. Love #18.
jckrjr7
AG
I was thinking about going out there Friday since I don't have work if anyone wants to join.
aggiederelict
Played it this morning with some buddies. It was in great shape apart from a few of the traps. Great weather. I think we paid $53. Fantastic deal.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

It has been a few years since I played out there. They must have added this. I just remember my first round there in approximately 2012, I was starving on the back nine because the clubhouse had zero food.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.